DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Back to stock

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid

Back to stock

My wife's droid went nuts on her, stuff keeps droping off her sd card, even files that were backed up now install as if it was a clean install and nothing saved. All backup roms are gone as well.

Is there any way to get it back to stock for warrenty replacement?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    One method: flash the 2.0.1 .sbf file. Search.
    This is a temporary/random username and/or account that I currently use on forums.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S 3
    All the information you need is Here
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Our 2 phones have been rooted almost since we got them in February so I'm not sure what stock should currently be - 2.1? Anyway, one of the phones might be going out so I've flashed the 2.01 stock file (using the instructions in the link above) to remove root in case we have to turn it in.

The problem is that I think there is another, later version that the phone should have. I've tried checking for software updates through Settings>About phone>System updates" but it tells me that I am current. Is there a later software and, if so, how should I get it now?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S 3
    You can return the phone with the 2.0.1 software because that update was optional. As long as the phone is not rooted any more, you don't have to worry about it.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Thanks everyone for the help
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    First - thanks for the help you guys have given.
    Second - HELP! Just kidding. I've rolled back to the 2.01 software but the software seems 'incomplete.'

The onscreen keyboard is missing - no option to select it. This phone used Swype before all of this started and I expected that to be gone but now NO keyboards are available in Settings. I downloaded SwiftKey Beta for now.

The screen no longer locks. I press the power button and the screen goes dark. But I can press either the power or camera button for it to come back on. The screen mode widget is set for it to lock. Maybe there is something somewhere else I'm missing.

It's likely we are going to a Verizon store this morning and have them re-flash the software and see if that helps. The working phone is my baby and it makes me crazy that my baby's phone doesn't work! Life is hard when you can't experience all that Droid goodness!
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beejaycee View Post
    First - thanks for the help you guys have given.
    Second - HELP! Just kidding. I've rolled back to the 2.01 software but the software seems 'incomplete.'

The onscreen keyboard is missing - no option to select it. This phone used Swype before all of this started and I expected that to be gone but now NO keyboards are available in Settings. I downloaded SwiftKey Beta for now.

The screen no longer locks. I press the power button and the screen goes dark. But I can press either the power or camera button for it to come back on. The screen mode widget is set for it to lock. Maybe there is something somewhere else I'm missing.

It's likely we are going to a Verizon store this morning and have them re-flash the software and see if that helps. The working phone is my baby and it makes me crazy that my baby's phone doesn't work! Life is hard when you can't experience all that Droid goodness!
    I'd try doing a factory data reset from your privacy section. That should restore everything the way it was.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I'd try doing a factory data reset from your privacy section. That should restore everything the way it was.
    Well, sprinkle me with raisins and call me cookie 'cause that worked! Thanks for saving me at least ONE trip to the Verizon store.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedaroth View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help
    Anytime!

Links