I am new to the Droid, about two weeks of ownership. I am also a reader, investigator and general trial & error person - not afraid to kill a computer or two.
I am so happy with the Droid I just cannot put it into words! She speed of the browser - whichever one you use. The wonderful themes - again no matter if you use Home, Home++, aHome, Panda, DXTop or anything else. The apps are great - even discovered a few that I taught me something.
If it doesn't work the way you want, uninstall it. Find another one. Just play and have fun. There are so many ways to do things.
I have to second the folks stressing - SEARCH FIRST!! Then be patient and read the responses. Some problems just get repeated over and over because people don't read.
My current set up is:
* Screen Protector (working on the nerve to go naked!
* DX Top with my own picture as the background.
* One screen is for direct dial.
* One is for folders with sites, tools, games, etc with the Droid Power Control widget
* One is empty!
* The main screen has the medic app, the calendar widget, phone, email and market. Also has the DX Top weather widget.
Apps include: Astro file manager, Amazon shopping, shop savvy, key ring, wallet demo, startup auditor, where, geobeagle, google sky map. I have gone through many more but settled on these - thanks to all of you.
Keep up the good work! New users like me find it very helpful!