DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venting: we need to make or push google to make a internet radio station.

1. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1681 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

Angry Venting: we need to make or push google to make a internet radio station.

I have had it with Pandora. This app crashes too much for me, and when I try to send alogcat and a screen cap to the developers showing the "technical difficulties" they have no freaking clue what is going on. There response, you device shows that verizon have not realeased a 2.2 update. To which I responded; 1) i went back to 2.1 and still had the problem, 2) there are devices running an official 2.2 now are you gonna tell me you guys are not 2.2 ready. There are backyard devs who have their app 2.2 ready and you fools don't, give me a freakin break.
    Its like Pandora don't give a crap any more. They updated the app into the ground. Either they need to get people in there who cares about android, or google should make a internet radio player.
    I use pandora ALOT and love the app when it WORKS. But the developers just stopped caring. THe tech rep they sent me had no freaking clue about android. He had an iphone in had and was reading off a script.
    When I tried to explain that android is an o.s that works on multiple devices, and that updating it to fix a bug on one device could introduce a bug on another, it went right over his head.
    The anger and frustrations dealing with them is mounting. They really need to hire android developers.
    I wish we could just make our own internet radio to compete with pandora. If any one has ties to google developers maybe we can get them interested.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I have no issues at all with Pandora, but I guess I haven't listened for hours and hours on end.

Although, if it matters, I can get Pandora to crash on my computer after going thru and skipping about 60-80 songs (I have the premium account, and sometimes I play around tweaking my favorites in such manner hopping from station to station).

So maybe not the app at all, but the service itself?
    Last edited by kodiak799; 07-29-2010 at 09:59 AM.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Are you paying anything for Pandora? If you are I think you have an absolute right to gripe.

If not, all I can say is what do you expect for free?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1681 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Are you paying anything for Pandora? If you are I think you have an absolute right to gripe.

If not, all I can say is what do you expect for free?
    Actually I was going to purchase the app to get rid of the ads, but good thing I didn't. Because if I had paid, I would have had to make a flight to oakland.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    Actually I was going to purchase the app to get rid of the ads, but good thing I didn't. Because if I had paid, I would have had to make a flight to oakland.
    Hmmm....I don't have ads. Not sure if that is because of adblock in BB or because I'm signed in with my premium account (hi-def streaming for me).

I've not heard of anyone else having FC issues. I'll guess this thread will tell us whether it's Pandora or user error
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    This is the reason I wont purchase the full versions of Pandora and/or slacker. I have had too many issues with Pandora except the buffering every now and then.. Slacker on the other hand - Usually when a song starts playing, it takes forever for the album art and playtime to load on my phone. The song could be playing for 30 seconds, and finally the album art shows up.. so annoying..
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1681 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Hmmm....I don't have ads. Not sure if that is because of adblock in BB or because I'm signed in with my premium account (hi-def streaming for me).

I've not heard of anyone else having FC issues. I'll guess this thread will tell us whether it's Pandora or user error

Its not f/c it just stop. Then a dialogue box of technical difficulties come up, here is the screenshot.

Venting: we need to make or push google to make a internet radio station.-cap201007211038.jpg
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I was going to purchase Pandora as well, but it doesn't handle phone calls or Navigation very well. Whenever I make or receive a phone call when it's playing, the app hangs for about 2-3 minutes. If I'm using Navigation, whenever the GPS speaks, it pauses Pandora and doesn't start it back up.
    Other than that though, I *LOVE* Pandora... I listen to it every morning on my way in to work, and a lot of times when I have a long drive or the radio sucks.
    HTC Rezound... Stock for now, with the Tag Home launcher...
    This link here will answer 90% of your issues: Click Me!

Quote Originally Posted by jntowers
    12 mp camera? are we going to be putting these pictures on billboards?
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Its not f/c it just stop. Then a dialogue box of technical difficulties come up, here is the screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAP201007211038.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	12520
    That's very similar to the error I mentioned getting on my PC with Pandora.

I've played Pandora for 2-3 hours at a time on my Droid with no issue.

I don't know if this is your problem, but I think Pandora needs to be restarted after playing a number of songs (why I get the error on my PC after 60-80 skips/songs - it won't work at all even on a re-start, I have to wait 10-15 minutes).

Also, probably not your issue, but after getting no feedback from you it will assume you are no longer listening and stop playing. On the PC this is supposed to be like 5 hours and if you haven't done anything, like skip a song, give feedback or change stations it will auto close/stop playing.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAP201007211038.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	12520
    Ive never seen that one before.. thats Pandora?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links