DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera settings?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Camera settings?

Is there a setting on the Droid somewhere that allows you to set the camera to "Not Crap" ?!

Why is a 5MP camera set to Super Fine generating a 1 MB file that looks like it came from the old disc camera I had 20 years ago?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    what are you expecting? DSLR quality from a camera phone? In good lighting and a steady hand it works beautifully as a point and shoot.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid
    gotta say I agree with elia5 it's simply a good daytime camera... that's aboot it. def not a photog quality, professional model.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    My Droid shoots amazing photos during the daylight outside.. but you can't expect much from a phone.. especially at night.

Think about it.. have you seen any cameras that takes good night pictures? nope, don't think so..
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

Has anyone developed a "mirror" app yet?

For a front facing camera, a "mirror" app would simply make a horizontal flip on the picture and voila! you have a mirror! Wouldn't that help sell Droids to the fairer sex and the narcissistic?
    rlrandallx
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchb2 View Post
    Is there a setting on the Droid somewhere that allows you to set the camera to "Not Crap" ?!

Why is a 5MP camera set to Super Fine generating a 1 MB file that looks like it came from the old disc camera I had 20 years ago?
    MP is pixel count. That's it. There are many, many more factors that affect image quality. Settings can't overcome whatever hardware limitations exist with the camera. It performs very poorly in anything but bright light (e.g. outdoors in midday sun).

Quote Originally Posted by eliassami5 View Post
    what are you expecting?
    I expect decent snapshots in less-than-ideal lighting. I don't carry around lighting gear for my cell phone's camera. My prior device had a fairly decent (let's say "usable in bars" as a guideline) camera so I don't see why it's unreasonable to expect the same from the Droid.

I don't think anyone's expecting it to rival Canon or Nikon's flagship models (with which the lenses really matter more anyway).
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-27-2010 at 09:23 AM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Yeah, I've been less than enthused with the camera. It takes great pictures in the right conditions, but most of the pictures I take are in medium to low-light conditions...
    Which it does ok with, unless you're in camcorder mode. I noticed that mode will automatically make everything several shades darker, which makes it hard to take video of my kitten being stupid without flipping on a light and disturbing him!
    HTC Rezound... Stock for now, with the Tag Home launcher...
    This link here will answer 90% of your issues: Click Me!

Quote Originally Posted by jntowers
    12 mp camera? are we going to be putting these pictures on billboards?
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place but I'm having a problem with the camera on my Droid X changing resolution on its own. I noticed even outdoor bright daylight pictures were coming out looking like utter crap. When I checked the info on the pictures, they are at 928x704 pixels even though in my settings I have 8MP selected. Even in the upper left corner of my screen it says 8MP. Upon further inspection of various photos they range anywhere from 928x704 to the full 8MP resolution. The only thing I can think of is some of these pictures were taken in the "landscape" setting but I can't see why that would reduce it to such an incredibly low resolution. Even in "landscape" the 8MP still shows in the upper left. This is my first Droid and so far I have been nothing but disappointed with the camera on this phone. There has to be some kind of explanation. Has anyone experienced this or am I missing something elementary?
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    with the new 2.2 settings, the camera now has an exposure control and it can finally take natural light photos in relative darkness. This is a BIG plus for me. and like all here have said, it takes fantastic photos in good lighting (outdoor daylight, brightly lite interior). I think it does a GREAT job for a PDA "phone" and the new Froyo 2.2 enhancements just made it so much better!
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Not to hijack the thread, but I don't like this camera either. Perhaps if I can get some help?

This camera takes GIANT pictures that others can't open when I text them. So, how to get a smaller more normal size without cropping 5 times? I would like decent pics.

Thank you
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links