DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: My experience at the Verizon store......!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #

My experience at the Verizon store......!

I drove 140 miles and arrived at the Rapid city, South Dakota Verizon store at 6 a.m. two hours before scheduled opening.

At 7 a.m. another customer arrived with his toddler daughter. He waited a few minutes then started raising hell with someone through the locked door. The employee pointed at the opening time stencil on the door and walked away.

The customer got in a long winded tirade with a Verizon rep on his cell phone. Presumably the rep called the store and 1/2 hour later at 7:30 they opened the doors.

I was ready willing and able to pay full retail for my Droid but was told that I couldn't do that by the store manager. My only option was to put a 3rd line on and pay $299 less MIR which I did.

3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omnibus View Post
    I drove 140 miles and arrived at the Rapid city, South Dakota Verizon store at 6 a.m. two hours before scheduled opening.

At 7 a.m. another customer arrived with his toddler daughter. He waited a few minutes then started raising hell with someone through the locked door. The employee pointed at the opening time stencil on the door and walked away.

The customer got in a long winded tirade with a Verizon rep on his cell phone. Presumably the rep called the store and 1/2 hour later at 7:30 they opened the doors.

I was ready willing and able to pay full retail for my Droid but was told that I couldn't do that by the store manager. My only option was to put a 3rd line on and pay $299 less MIR which I did.
    That's crazy. Why did he say you couldn't pay full retail for the phone and get it that way?

Maybe he just wanted the "commission" for a new contract?
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Yea that's crazy.

I stopped by a store today to see when my ne2, or annual upgrade hits, which will be in Jan. The salesgirl suggested the full retail, if I was aching to get my toy.
    I lolled and decided to wait to compare Passion to the Droid
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID...Finally!!
    thats weird, i got mine for full retail and the rep helping me was amazed.. i told him i just got the tour a little over a month ago, so what can you do..

maybe the location you went to had already pre-orders?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere II
    I just can't believe you drove 140 miles for it. Hope your drive took you through the hills instead of the plains.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Wow, that is crazy. I've heard of people at Staples saying they were out of stock in certain things if you didn't agree to whatever addons they were trying to sell. I'd be on the phone with customer service and getting that additional line cancelled, the franchise can eat the cost of their mistake.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFresco View Post
    I just can't believe you drove 140 miles for it. Hope your drive took you through the hills instead of the plains.
    I've been in this part of the country for 7 years, prior to that I lived my whole life in NYC and Philadelphia. A 140 mile trip takes less than 2 hours (75mph posted speed limit on I-90) Try that on I-95 some time. We take the trip at least monthly for shopping.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere II
    Quote Originally Posted by omnibus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFresco View Post
    I've been in this part of the country for 7 years, prior to that I lived my whole life in NYC and Philadelphia. A 140 mile trip takes less than 2 hours (75mph posted speed limit on I-90) Try that on I-95 some time. We take the trip at least monthly for shopping.
    Yeah, I've been out there several times (technically lived in Rapid City while I lived on the road). I just can't imagine driving 300 miles round trip for the Droid unless it was free or something.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Sometimes sales reps are just like used car salesmen. They do what they can to get the most money of out you they can, he most likely gets more money for a new contract then a retail phone.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware

Links