DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Why are droids less enjoyable to use?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Why are droids less enjoyable to use?

Look, this is not a thread for flaming. I love my moto droid w/ Verizon wireless and wouldn't trade it for any other wireless provider.

However, I cant quite understand why the phone just seems less enjoyable to use compared to a palm pre or an iPhone. Everything seems to be clunkly added together, the ui seems as if it was rushed at the last second and I often ask myself why didn't they fix this, or change that to make it more intuitive or usable.

I don't know when Google will come out with android 3, but every update so far (I'm running a custom 2.2 froyo rom) just seems to be a couple of new features and speed updates on a seemingly bland and unusable interface.

I love the idea google has created for a phone, and they have implemented a lot of these ideas really well; but at the end of the day I don't enjoy using my phone and I find that there aren't any applications or games that keep me coming back. Does anybody else feel similarly, or is it a gripe that only I have while google or the custom rom developers wont change it?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    2 Motorola Droids
    I'm very satisfied with my Droid and have no clue what you are talking about personally.
    Android keeps going, and going.....
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid hacked
    Quote Originally Posted by mootsucks View Post
    Look, this is not a thread for flaming. I love my moto droid w/ Verizon wireless and wouldn't trade it for any other wireless provider.

However, I cant quite understand why the phone just seems less enjoyable to use compared to a palm pre or an iPhone. Everything seems to be clunkly added together, the ui seems as if it was rushed at the last second and I often ask myself why didn't they fix this, or change that to make it more intuitive or usable.

I don't know when Google will come out with android 3, but every update so far (I'm running a custom 2.2 froyo rom) just seems to be a couple of new features and speed updates on a seemingly bland and unusable interface.

I love the idea google has created for a phone, and they have implemented a lot of these ideas really well; but at the end of the day I don't enjoy using my phone and I find that there aren't any applications or games that keep me coming back. Does anybody else feel similarly, or is it a gripe that only I have while google or the custom rom developers wont change it?
    I think your one of only a few that would say that.

I like having widgets for music and what not on my homescreen that alone makes it more usable than the Icrap or the palm..

could we get specific examples of what you mean about that?

Edit: and as far as the updates are you referring to the iphone 4 software update that enabled a ton of new features? Keep in mind most of the features they activated were standard with android.
    Sent from my computer with my keyboard.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    My droid definitely isn't "clunky". I wouldn't even begin to compare my Droid to a iCrap or Palm Pre, there's just no comparison.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid hacked
    Im starting to think people just post to get a reaction out of people because there bored because the statements hes making reffering to the Droid are unbelieveble especially when compared to the Iphone.
    Sent from my computer with my keyboard.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bje1982 View Post
    Im starting to think people just post to get a reaction out of people because there bored because the statements hes making reffering to the Droid are unbelieveble especially when compared to the Iphone.
    Which is why this bait thread is
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Links