DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Android 2.1 w/ SenseUI for Hero OUT NOW (what does this mean for us)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ALL 234 Phones.
    I thought the HTC Passion/Dragon was debunked? It looks alot like the Droid Eris.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I just figured since we are getting a 2.1 update "soon" and that there is already a version with SenseUI, it would be easier to port.

I honestly just like the full screen weather thing. I know theres a couple widgets, but they are half screen and you have to click on it to animate it.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by zfly9 View Post
    I just figured since we are getting a 2.1 update "soon" and that there is already a version with SenseUI, it would be easier to port.

I honestly just like the full screen weather thing. I know theres a couple widgets, but they are half screen and you have to click on it to animate it.
    Sense UI isn't full screen weather either. It's pretty much identical to Beautiful Widgets. When you click the widget Beautiful Widgets goes to full screen animated weather though.

I don't get the whole weather thing. I have the widget and it's nice, but seriously, just look out the window. It basically has the current conditions on the screen before you click it. I like to see hourly and 5 day forecasts for planning purposes though.

Everyone is in love with weather widgets but basically the widgets themselves offer little more than beauty. The helpful info comes from the actual programs in the form of forecasts. Who doesn't know what the weather outside is? LOL

I'm pretty sure the full screen animated weather you are talking about is on the HTC HD2 (Leo). I don't think the Eris or any android sense phone does that.
    Last edited by brianr0131; 12-02-2009 at 05:41 PM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by brianr0131 View Post

Sense UI isn't full screen weather either. It's pretty much identical to Beautiful Widgets. When you click the widget Beautiful Widgets goes to full screen animated weather though.

I don't get the whole weather thing. I have the widget and it's nice, but seriously, just look out the window. It basically has the current conditions on the screen before you click it. I like to see hourly and 5 day forecasts for planning purposes though.

Everyone is in love with weather widgets but basically the widgets themselves offer little more than beauty. The helpful info comes from the actual programs in the form of forecasts. Who doesn't know what the weather outside is? LOL

I'm pretty sure the full screen animated weather you are talking about is on the HTC HD2 (Leo). I don't think the Eris or any android sense phone does that.
    I thought when you slide to the screen that it's on (one of the 7 SenseUI screens) it animates... I don't recall having to click on it.

Haha you just wrote an essay how much you don't think its necessary, but you have it.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Haha you just wrote an essay how much you don't think its necessary, but you have it.
    I know LOL.

Can you find a pic or video of Hero or SenseUI doing this full screen animation? I don't believe I have seen it.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    i just gde home app best ive tried it has endless scrolling u can stretch fade or cube home screens run varies other themes.. i also have beautiful widgets or what ever u call it looks just like the eris screen like the bigger clock. it shows the weather temp big plus in my work p[lus i click takes right to alarms
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    How will the Moto Droid updates be delivered, via automatic push or download?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I believe the updates are done over the air (OTA).
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    I feel very lonely in this regard these days, but I for one am GLAD that the Droid has the stock UI. I don't see Sense really bringing anything to the table except lag. There are plenty of widgets that can weather or a "flip clock" I understand why HTC has to shove this on WinMo phones... but it seems so pointless on Android. So what exactly is it that makes people want Sense so much?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Bad video quality on a slow phone too, but you can see when you have the full screen widget it animates when you slide to it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links