DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Droid X Activation Issue - Wirefly

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Unhappy Droid X Activation Issue - Wirefly

Bought a Driod X from Wirefly that came in a few days ago and I've still not been able to Activate it. My wife has the same problem with her Droid Incredible. Anybody else having issues activating with Verizon in general or specifically if bought from Wirefly?

It calls the activation number and asks me to enter the phone number that I am trying to activate and then says that it cannot find that number. I saw the forums that others had problems with activation of phone bought from Wirefly, but looks like the error that Verizon gives me during activation is different. Anyone else encountered it?

I called their support and they ask me to wait 24 hrs. Looks like a standard scripted reply. I am just thinking of returning the phones and getting one from the Verizon store. At least there is someone there to answer the questions.
    Last edited by hsd31; 07-22-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Well, not all of their support is that bad. Some of them know what they are doing.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    im not sure about wirefly, but if your having some activation issues just go to the Vz store, im sure they will be happy to help you. i am not sure about my next idea either but i think bestbuy also has a phone guy that probly does activations and such all day. (he could be helpful as well as Vz)
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I just bought a Droid X from Wirefly and it activated fine for me. Maybe try and login to your MyVerizon account and upgrade (change) your phone in there?

That's what I had to do, but we're on a business account...not sure if that matters?

Try calling Verizon Customer support maybe? (If you have another phone available that is)
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    the problem is that wirefly order contains a flyer that specifically tells you to not go/call verizon for any issues with activation and asks that you call the wirefly customer support. It say that calling verizon will further delay your activation. Anybody have luck with calling verizon directly after ordering from wirefly.
    @black-falcon: I am a new verizon customer, so I don' think I will have access to the MyVerzion account yet.
    Last edited by hsd31; 07-22-2010 at 06:43 AM.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by hsd31 View Post
    the problem is that wirefly order contains a flyer that specifically tells you to not go/call verizon for any issues with activation and asks that you call the wirefly customer support. It say that calling verizon will further delay your activation. Anybody have luck with calling verizon directly after ordering from wirefly.
    @black-falcon: I am a new verizon customer, so I don' think I will have access to the MyVerzion account yet.
    Oh alright, if you activated your service with wirefly it may not have propagated into Verizon's Systems yet...

Unfortunately you may just have to wait another 24 hours :\
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    looks like my advise is out... Maybe you should call wirefly during buisness hours tomorrow then? on a different phone of course. lol. You might not have to wait a full 24 hours but maybe falcon is right, it may not be in the system yet. i hope you get it sorted out, droid x looks pretty bada$$.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MyTouch 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by hsd31 View Post
    Bought a Driod X from Wirefly that came in a few days ago and I've still not been able to Activate it. My wife has the same problem with her Droid Incredible. Anybody else having issues activating with Verizon in general or specifically if bought from Wirefly?

It calls the activation number and asks me to enter the phone number that I am trying to activate and then says that it cannot find that number. I saw the forums that others had problems with activation of phone bought from Wirefly, but looks like the error that Verizon gives me during activation is different. Anyone else encountered it?

The Wirefly customer support is horrible. Every time I call they ask me to wait 24 hrs. Looks like a standard scripted reply. I don't think anybody there knows what the problem is. I am just thinking of returning the phones and getting one from the Verizon store. At least there is someone there to answer the questions.
    This should not have happened, and we are working on this issue for you now. You should get a call from one of the activations representatives shortly. I took your order to the manager and he said he would get this resolved for you today.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Thumbs up Thanks Wirefly

@Wirefly: Thanks for all the help. Both my phone were successfully activated and ported. You have been a great help. Truly appreciate it.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I am having issues getting my phone activated to, what did you do to get it activated so fast?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    How long age did you recieve it? I was able to activate mine within 12 hours of getting it from wirefly.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links