DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid And T9 Predictive Text

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    I use better keyboard but it doesn't store words in my dictionary and really sucks for t9 like pretty bad.

I'm not sure how people even use qwerty it is 10 times slower and you still need 2 hands like are you kidding me.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Voyager

Question T9 Word

Quote Originally Posted by phaze3131 View Post
    apparently it does not have the vertical t9 predictive text in the phone as Leakdroid.com has said, they have a test unit.

"The Droid on-screen keyboard is the stock Android on-screen keyboard, so it only has the full-QWERTY mode unfortunately."

This really sucks I'm not sure how anyone is ok with this? You can use one hand using t9 just as fast as using 2 hands using the QWERTY style.
    I totally agree! I've used to T9 forever and can fly with it! I'm not sure if I'd ever get used to the QWERTY keyboard. I looked at both the HTC-Droid and the Motorola-Droid today and the HTC-Droid did in fact have T9 but the sales person I talked to looked the Motorola-Droid and said it did not. Unless she just couldn't find the setting for it. I liked both and I'm ready to upgrade but not sure which one I'll go with. The only differences between the two, according to the sales chick, is: the HTC-Droid doesn't have voice turn by turn direction capabilities, (GPS) no flash with the camera, and only a 8GB built in memory card campared to the 16GB with the Motorola-Droid. Hope this helps. Decisions, decisions......
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Voyager
    Me too! Love T9! I've used LG forever and currently have a Voyager but I'm ready to upgrade. I looked at both the HTC-Droid and Motorola Droid today and the HTC-Droid DOES have T9 Word cause I used it. However, according to the sales associate the Motorola-Droid does not unless she couldn't find the setting for it. I think I'll go with the HTC just for the T9. Don't think I'll ever get used to that darn keyboard!
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Voyager
    Quote Originally Posted by christineluvsvzw1983 View Post
    So the Droid market place has a few apps but the ones i've downloaded are t-9 only, they do not have word mode or predictive text included with them, nore do they store commonly used words in your dictionary. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my phone but think its a little silly they have qwerty in upright/landscape an on the physical keyboard.

SOMEONE PLEASE FIND ME AN APP THAT HAS t-9/word/predictive text. I came from the LG Dare and text so much faster that way. qwerty is starting to frustrate me.

Thanks!
    Me too! Love T9! I've used LG forever and currently have a Voyager but I'm ready to upgrade. I looked at both the HTC-Droid and Motorola Droid today and the HTC-Droid DOES have T9 Word cause I used it. However, according to the sales associate the Motorola-Droid does not unless she couldn't find the setting for it. I think I'll go with the HTC just for the T9. Don't think I'll ever get used to that darn keyboard!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I Agree with the poster, T9 is the way to go. 10 buttons and one finger or 30 and two. I can type around 60 wpm on t9. No way is that achievable with a tiny qwerty and big thumbs.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Handcent all the way. Has t9...all i use
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbar87 View Post
    Handcent all the way. Has t9...all i use
    Handcent has T9? Where? I just missing it?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    After you install it you have to enable it under language and keyboard settings. Then in any dialogue box press and hold and select input method. Then select numberpad keyboard
    Last edited by jonbar87; 12-16-2009 at 10:44 PM.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbar87 View Post
    After you install it you have to enable it under language and keyboard settings. Then in any dialogue box press and hold and select input method. Then select numberpad keyboard
    Handcent T9? You sure?
    No setting for T9 in Handcent...
    Menu > Settings > language & keyboard? not seeing a setting for T9.... and when holding dialogue box only "android keyboard" is an option.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I can't see a need for T9 on the Droid but I don't see why people who want it shouldn't have it as an option. There are already some keyboard apps out there so I wouldn't be surprised to see a solution soon.

It surprises me how many people can't see past their own preferences. If you prefer T9 great. If you prefer qwerty great. Why shouldn't there be more options?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links