DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: wifi tethering/ tethering in general problems

  1. Master Droid
    ChevyNexus's Avatar
    Member #
    41094
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Toledo Ohio
    Posts
    513
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #1

    wifi tethering/ tethering in general problems

    Ok so one of the main reasons I rooted was so I could tether to my dads acer laptop. Well it seems that I can't tether or wifi teather it.

    When I rooted to froyo I tried to wired tether it but I hit the tether. Button an all that happened was the comp recognized my Droid but I had no internet connection when I started. I.e. so did I do something wronged? I run windows XP btw.

    Wifi it seems sends out the signal but wont stay connected for long an as I said in a prior post, my kbps up is always larger then my kbps down(idk if that has somthing to do with it?) But it says its connected once again I open I.e. an nothing happens...

    So please can someone tell me what I'm doin wronge? I mean this is almost pushing me to get rid of my droid an go to black berry an pay for that feature or see if the iphone has that feature. Id love to have atleast one or the other working..
    we will drive after a couple beers an NOT make a federal case out of it

    Current Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (Stock Locked Bootloader Android 4.3 Jellybean)
    Retired Phone: Original Droid (Rooted and RunningCyanogenmod 7)
    Galaxy Nexus (Rooted and Rommed running JBSorcery 4.3 with Trinity Kernel)
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    cromo8's Avatar
    Member #
    78264
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    516
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaShowtime View Post
    Ok so one of the main reasons I rooted was so I could tether to my dads acer laptop. Well it seems that I can't tether or wifi teather it.

    When I rooted to froyo I tried to wired tether it but I hit the tether. Button an all that happened was the comp recognized my Droid but I had no internet connection when I started. I.e. so did I do something wronged? I run windows XP btw.

    Wifi it seems sends out the signal but wont stay connected for long an as I said in a prior post, my kbps up is always larger then my kbps down(idk if that has somthing to do with it?) But it says its connected once again I open I.e. an nothing happens...

    So please can someone tell me what I'm doin wronge? I mean this is almost pushing me to get rid of my droid an go to black berry an pay for that feature or see if the iphone has that feature. Id love to have atleast one or the other working..
    i will reccomend downloading the app wireless tethering or barnacle tether, both of those work great for me for both mac and pc's, i dont use the ones in the setting menu because those dont ever work for me
  4. Master Droid
    ChevyNexus's Avatar
    Member #
    41094
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Toledo Ohio
    Posts
    513
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #3

    Unhappy tried em...

    Quote Originally Posted by cromo8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaShowtime View Post
    Ok so one of the main reasons I rooted was so I could tether to my dads acer laptop. Well it seems that I can't tether or wifi teather it.

    When I rooted to froyo I tried to wired tether it but I hit the tether. Button an all that happened was the comp recognized my Droid but I had no internet connection when I started. I.e. so did I do something wronged? I run windows XP btw.

    Wifi it seems sends out the signal but wont stay connected for long an as I said in a prior post, my kbps up is always larger then my kbps down(idk if that has somthing to do with it?) But it says its connected once again I open I.e. an nothing happens...

    So please can someone tell me what I'm doin wronge? I mean this is almost pushing me to get rid of my droid an go to black berry an pay for that feature or see if the iphone has that feature. Id love to have atleast one or the other working..
    i will reccomend downloading the app wireless tethering or barnacle tether, both of those work great for me for both mac and pc's, i dont use the ones in the setting menu because those dont ever work for me
    Tried both(can't use wifi period if u don't downloadd one or the other haha) neither worked

    Wireless tethering-app got it recognize but would drop off soon after an never worked to evenm start up google.

    Barnacle-comp didn't even recognize it was there.

    =/
    we will drive after a couple beers an NOT make a federal case out of it

    Current Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (Stock Locked Bootloader Android 4.3 Jellybean)
    Retired Phone: Original Droid (Rooted and RunningCyanogenmod 7)
    Galaxy Nexus (Rooted and Rommed running JBSorcery 4.3 with Trinity Kernel)
  5. Senior Droid
    Relex's Avatar
    Member #
    18774
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    160
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #4
    I was about to post a thread about this as well. My wired tether in froyo works but I downloaded the wireless tether and connect to it with my pc but can't get any web pages to load.

    I've tried two different roms and have yet to get it to work.
  6. Master Droid
    ChugIt's Avatar
    Member #
    87940
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN.
    Posts
    475
    Phone
    2 Motorola Droids
    #5
    Do not use the built in tethering in Froyo, download the app as cromo8 said. Wireless tethering in Froyo is for paid subscriptions through VZW (which isn't even officially supported for Droid yet). I have used it messing around on my PSP and it worked fine. I hope this helps.
    Android keeps going, and going.....
  7. Master Droid
    ChevyNexus's Avatar
    Member #
    41094
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Toledo Ohio
    Posts
    513
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ChugIt View Post
    Do not use the built in tethering in Froyo, download the app as cromo8 said. Wireless tethering in Froyo is for paid subscriptions through VZW (which isn't even officially supported for Droid yet). I have used it messing around on my PSP and it worked fine. I hope this helps.
    As I said already tried em but idk why they won't work.
    we will drive after a couple beers an NOT make a federal case out of it

    Current Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (Stock Locked Bootloader Android 4.3 Jellybean)
    Retired Phone: Original Droid (Rooted and RunningCyanogenmod 7)
    Galaxy Nexus (Rooted and Rommed running JBSorcery 4.3 with Trinity Kernel)
  8. Master Droid
    ffej89's Avatar
    Member #
    88921
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    290
    Phone
    Evo
    #7
    Have you tried EasyTether?
  9. Master Droid
    ChevyNexus's Avatar
    Member #
    41094
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Toledo Ohio
    Posts
    513
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ffej89 View Post
    Have you tried EasyTether?
    wow it actually worked an i didnt have to pay ten bucks like i thought i would for easy tether thanks bro im on it now typen this!
    we will drive after a couple beers an NOT make a federal case out of it

    Current Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (Stock Locked Bootloader Android 4.3 Jellybean)
    Retired Phone: Original Droid (Rooted and RunningCyanogenmod 7)
    Galaxy Nexus (Rooted and Rommed running JBSorcery 4.3 with Trinity Kernel)
  10. Senior Droid
    _Killer_'s Avatar
    Member #
    96851
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marietta Ga
    Posts
    178
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #9
    Gonna try easy tether myself... BUT...

    I'm having some issues as well with "wireless tether for android" and "barnacle" ................. with Wireless tether my nat settings are showing as 'moderate' and with barnacle they are 'strict'.. I NEED THESE TO BE OPEN!!! any suggestions?? trying to runs this for xbox live... like i said it will connect.. and i can stream netflix and what not.. BUT with un-open nat i will not be able to get in any games.

    i've tried using pdanet and what not for a normal tether (as in not wireless) but my comp is vista.. and therefore is gay..

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Wifi Tethering
    By jakemerrell in forum Droid Incredible Hacks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 08:50 AM
  2. Wifi Tethering
    By validoption in forum LithiumMod
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 03:36 PM
  3. WIFI Tethering
    By mwhartman in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 08:44 AM
  4. wifi tethering vs pda net
    By pc747 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 09:01 AM
  5. Tethering and Wifi?
    By wardo5757 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 10:21 PM

Search tags for this page

barnacle cannot connect to nat

,
barnacle could not connect to nat
,

barnacle wifi tether cannot connect to nat

,
barnacle wifi tether could not connect to nat
,
how to make wifi tether open nat
,
internet explorer wont open web pages with wifi tether
,
run vita off tether open nat
,
tetheringtethering
,
wifi tether won't stay connected
,
windows xp won't recognize wifi tether
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+