DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Definitive list of folders the Droid recoginzes on the microSC card

  1. Senior Droid
    DarthMurdicide's Avatar
    Member #
    8411
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Question Definitive list of folders the Droid recognizes on the microSD card

    I've looked for about an hour now (probably not enough), and I still haven't seen a complete list of all of the folder names the Droid recognizes on the microSD card, such as "Notifications", "Ringtones", etc. Also, I am assuming that the folders created are simply added to the root directory.

    1) Am I correct in assuming that the folders are to be created simply off of the root directory of the microSD card? Or do you have to create other subdirectories from the root? I ask because I did see a forum that said you had to create something like "media\audio\notifications", but when I copied my own ringtone to the phone, I simply created a "Ringtones" folder on the root directory, and my ringtone works fine.

    2) What other folder categories are there besides "Ringtones", "Notifications", etc.? Are there ones like "Videos", "Music", etc.?

    I really appreciate the help in advance!
    Last edited by DarthMurdicide; 12-08-2009 at 07:03 PM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    mightybrick's Avatar
    Member #
    4213
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So. Utah
    Posts
    272
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    kcorbnamron
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    #2
    1) They can be contained in the root folder, or a /media folder. Either works. I think keeping Notifications, Alarms, and Ringtones inside a Media folder keeps things a little cleaner and less cluttered.

    2) There are Video, Music, Pictures, Ringtones, Alarms, and Notification folders. I'm not aware of any others.
  4. Senior Droid
    DarthMurdicide's Avatar
    Member #
    8411
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Thanks man! I really appreciate it!
  5. Banned
    racklefratz's Avatar
    Member #
    8025
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    163
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybrick View Post
    1) They can be contained in the root folder, or a /media folder. Either works. I think keeping Notifications, Alarms, and Ringtones inside a Media folder keeps things a little cleaner and less cluttered.

    2) There are Video, Music, Pictures, Ringtones, Alarms, and Notification folders. I'm not aware of any others.
    I think folders on the SD card are transparent to the Droid, meaning, it sees files wherever they are on the card, and it doesn't care what the folder is.

    I made a folder for some Outlook notes I made into Windows notepad .txt files and put them into some folder I named something, can't remember. But it wasn't any of the above. I opened NotesEverything on the Droid and "imported" those files as notes and the Droid had no trouble seeing them.
  6. Master Droid
    mightybrick's Avatar
    Member #
    4213
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So. Utah
    Posts
    272
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    kcorbnamron
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    #5
    Yes, it will see things in other folders. BUT, we are talking about audio files to be accessible as alarms and notifications, etc. If the files are not in the proper folder, the system will not display the files as an options in the corresponding menu, such as alarms, notifications, etc.
  7. Banned
    racklefratz's Avatar
    Member #
    8025
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    163
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybrick View Post
    Yes, it will see things in other folders. BUT, we are talking about audio files to be accessible as alarms and notifications, etc. If the files are not in the proper folder, the system will not display the files as an options in the corresponding menu, such as alarms, notifications, etc.
    You might have read the OP's question that way, but that's not the way it was asked. He simply asked what folders the Droid "recognizes", not "what folders the Droid recognizes as audio files "to be accessible as alarms and notifications, etc." Re-read the question.

    Jeez. Why bother.
  8. Master Droid
    mightybrick's Avatar
    Member #
    4213
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So. Utah
    Posts
    272
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    kcorbnamron
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by racklefratz View Post
    Jeez. Why bother.
    Way to be a prick! Congratulations!
  9. Junior Droid
    ATLbellygirl's Avatar
    Member #
    10477
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Hi MB - I liked your recommendation to have a media folder and then stick alarms, notifications, ringtones, etc. in there. Is there a way to create subfolders? So under media folder, then have sub folders for alarms, etc? I tried pressing menu once I'd created folder, but I couldn't find an option to create a folder under that original folder.

    Thanks!
  10. Master Droid
    mightybrick's Avatar
    Member #
    4213
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So. Utah
    Posts
    272
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    kcorbnamron
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLbellygirl View Post
    Hi MB - I liked your recommendation to have a media folder and then stick alarms, notifications, ringtones, etc. in there. Is there a way to create subfolders? So under media folder, then have sub folders for alarms, etc? I tried pressing menu once I'd created folder, but I couldn't find an option to create a folder under that original folder.

    Thanks!
    No problem.Yes, you can create subfolders within the Media folder. Once inside the media folder, you should be able to tap and hold in a blank area to make a context menu appear which should give you the option to create a new folder. What program did you use to create the Media folder?
  11. Senior Droid
    JoeeDB's Avatar
    Member #
    9630
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    176
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by racklefratz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybrick View Post
    Yes, it will see things in other folders. BUT, we are talking about audio files to be accessible as alarms and notifications, etc. If the files are not in the proper folder, the system will not display the files as an options in the corresponding menu, such as alarms, notifications, etc.
    You might have read the OP's question that way, but that's not the way it was asked. He simply asked what folders the Droid "recognizes", not "what folders the Droid recognizes as audio files "to be accessible as alarms and notifications, etc." Re-read the question.

    Jeez. Why bother.
    Your attempt at being a dick totally failed jackass. If he asked which FOLDERS it will recognize, doesn't that basically mean the FILES inside of said FOLDER? Why would he care if it recognized a folder called NOTIFICATIONS if he wasn't going to put NOTIFICATION SPECIFIC sounds in it. God some people are so retarded.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. DROID Application List Background
    By lanadmn in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 07:12 AM
  2. My Droid Update Wish List
    By DogPaw in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 11:38 AM
  3. help with creating folders on memory card
    By SHoCKBiZZLE in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 04:46 PM
  4. Droid Emails Arriving from Verizon & Droid Feature List
    By JohnDroid in forum Android News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 04:44 PM
  5. List of all Droid Phones?
    By JohnDroid in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 05:26 PM

Search tags for this page

android additional folders media
,
droid bionic sd card folders list
,

droid media folder

,
droid x2 does not recognize notification folder
,
list of android folders
,
media folder droid
,
millenia media folder android
,
millennial media folder
,
millennial media folder on sd card
,
millennialmedia folder
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+