DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google voice for Droid X

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Google voice for Droid X

Hey guys, I just picked up my droid x and the first thing i wanted to do was set up google voice. I have everything set up, but everytime I click the "call voicemail" hotkey on the dialer (same thing as dialing *86), it sends me to my voicemail recording rather than my google voice menu. Does anyone know how to fix this so it goes straight to my google voice menu? I dialed the *71 number and I have google voice selected as my voicemail service.

Thanks,

Big T

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Larry_ThaGr81
    Phone
    rooted Droid 1 & Thunderbolt
    I don't have a Droid X, but try going into your general setting, they call settings and finally select voicemail service and change ti to google voice.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtmonee View Post
    Hey guys, I just picked up my droid x and the first thing i wanted to do was set up google voice. I have everything set up, but everytime I click the "call voicemail" hotkey on the dialer (same thing as dialing *86), it sends me to my voicemail recording rather than my google voice menu. Does anyone know how to fix this so it goes straight to my google voice menu? I dialed the *71 number and I have google voice selected as my voicemail service.

Thanks,

Big T
    But for you when you press the voicemail hotkey (or dial *86) your google voice menu comes up right? Im not making that up? haha.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    that's now how you access google voice. you have to open the application or read your email. *86 calls verizon's voicemail
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdkill View Post
    that's now how you access google voice. you have to open the application or read your email. *86 calls verizon's voicemail
    But for the droid wouldn't dialing *86 allow you to access google voice or am i mistaken?? I remember just being able to click the voicemail hotkey and it taking me to my google voice account...
    Last edited by bigtmonee; 07-15-2010 at 01:00 PM.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Larry_ThaGr81
    Phone
    But for the droid wouldn't dialing *86 allow you to access google voice or am i mistaken?? I remember just being able to click the voicemail hotkey and it taking me to my google voice account...
    Once I changed my voicemail settings to google voice, hitting my voicemail key on the dialpad does go straight to google voicemail.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Larry_ThaGr81
    Phone
    If you want to see it, then use the google voice icon. Don't forget about the google voice toggle switch located under shortcuts, not widgets.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    You are mistaken. Dialing the *71 and your GV number activates busy no answer forwarding to your GV number, and then in GV's web site, you tell it that you are using it as voice mail for your cell phone so if the call is forwarded form your cell, it doesn't try to call your other destinations. It does not tell Verizon that this is a replacement voice mail, so dialing *86 still goes to Verizon's voice mail servers.

You still need to tell the Droid to call your GV number to check voice mail.

The easiest way to do this is to download the Google Voice App from the market. It will set everything up, and also allow you to automatically route all of your outgoing calls through GV so that your caller ID will always also be your GV number.

Alan
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    You are mistaken. Dialing the *71 and your GV number activates busy no answer forwarding to your GV number, and then in GV's web site, you tell it that you are using it as voice mail for your cell phone so if the call is forwarded form your cell, it doesn't try to call your other destinations. It does not tell Verizon that this is a replacement voice mail, so dialing *86 still goes to Verizon's voice mail servers.

You still need to tell the Droid to call your GV number to check voice mail.

The easiest way to do this is to download the Google Voice App from the market. It will set everything up, and also allow you to automatically route all of your outgoing calls through GV so that your caller ID will always also be your GV number.

Alan
    I'm pretty sure I have that all set up correctly. My problem is that I thought I could access the google voice menu by clicking the voicemail hotkey on the phone dialer... And i'm actually certain you could do this because I've never had to actually dial my google # in order to reach google voice, in fact I don't even know my google # haha.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I wasn't even aware of the voice mail through google voice. Just download the app from the market & listen to them through there it's much easier than listening through a whole menu.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links