DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid X Corporate Sync

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Droid X Corporate Sync

I am new to this site and to Droid, the Droid X will be my first Android phone, and I am coming from BlackBerry. I have been trying to find info on how the Corporate Sync works with Exchange 2007?

I did a search in the forums and didn't find anything that fit what I was looking for.

Any links or info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

(can't wait for the 15th)
  2. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    im using a moto droid running froyo (version 2.2). Exchange works great for me.

now the droid x comes with eclair (version 2.1), and i know there were some enhancements to exchange with the new version, so i don't know how well your droid x will play with exchange. that being said, the droid x should be upgraded OTA to 2.2 pretty quickly.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Premium Member
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe21599 View Post
    did you just wanna sync mail on the exchange server?
    Yeah I want to make sure that I have some similar functionality from my BB, like calendar and email syncing and attachment downloads, I didn't know if the corporate sync on the DX is any different than previous models.

Thank u for the quick responses
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    Perfect, thanks!!!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    TBolt w/Das BAMF Forever Cubed
    Quote Originally Posted by big007hed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe21599 View Post
    did you just wanna sync mail on the exchange server?
    Yeah I want to make sure that I have some similar functionality from my BB, like calendar and email syncing and attachment downloads, I didn't know if the corporate sync on the DX is any different than previous models.

Thank u for the quick responses
    The answer is yes, with some caution...

I had a Blackberry Storm2 for about a year and my company has a BES. Through my Verizon Business account rep, I was able to get my hands on a Droid X last week and have been using it for the past 5 days. (FYI, the phone completely ROCKS!)

I set my X up with Corporate Sync to my account. Not only do the emails get to my inbox quicker (due to not having to go through the BES), but any of my Exchange Contacts that have twitter or Facebook accounts, I can link those accounts and get even more detailed info for my contacts.

The one problem I am having, however, it with the "Corporate Calendar." The problem (from what I have been reading online) is that my Exchange server (2007) only has SP1. With SP2 installed on the server, the issues go away, or perhaps as someone else said, maybe once OS 2.2 comes out for my phone, issues will be resolved.

I am going to try to get it working, but if I can't, I will download another App that does full Exchange syncing with no issues until either server gets to SP2 or my phone gets 2.2, whichever occurs first and fixes the Calendar issue.

EDIT: I spoke to my Exchange Admin, and apparently we have SP2 installed on the servers. We wiped all relationships from the server and I removed my corporate account from the phone, rebooted and re-added it. The calendar still will not work. I can get everything working properly by installing the "Touchdown" app, but it's only free for 30 days. Hoping I can get this solved by the time the trial ends (not to mention that the Touchdown app seems to drain the battery awefully quick).
    Last edited by WorldOfJohnboy; 07-13-2010 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Added notes after speaking to Exchange Admin
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Touchdown doesn't affect my battery. Are you connected via ActiveSync or are you stuck with polling? Polling will definitely kill your battery.

Many people find the stock Exchange support to be insufficient. You really just have to try it first hand (as well as the other options) to see what suits you best. For me, the rules (enabling customized email notifications), ability to sync any date range of data, and otherthings I can't think of off the top of my head made Touchdown a must-have for me. YMMV, of course.

Don't overlook HTC's Work Email app, Moxier and RoadSync. I'm sure there are others I can't think of right now.
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-13-2010 at 09:00 AM.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Touchdown doesn't affect my battery. Are you connected via ActiveSync or are you stuck with polling? Polling will definitely kill your battery.

Many people find the stock Exchange support to be insufficient. You really just have to try it first hand (as well as the other options) to see what suits you best. For me, the rules (enabling customized email notifications), ability to sync any date range of data, and otherthings I can't think of off the top of my head made Touchdown a must-have for me. YMMV, of course.

Don't overlook HTC's Work Email app, Moxier and RoadSync. I'm sure there are others I can't think of right now.
    +1 on Touchdown, Blows the stock app away....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    TBolt w/Das BAMF Forever Cubed
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Yeah, didn't realize the default setting was set to Poll rather than Push. I did change that setting and I guess we'll see how it changes the game. (However, what about those people that can only Poll? Then Touchdown becomes an app that they wouldn't want to use.)

I know that the Touchdown App works, and works fantastically at that... I guess my only problem is that the Corporate Sync that comes standard on the phone touts a checkbox to sync your calendar via Exchange ActiveSync, and it apparently doesn't do that. If you can't fix issues or get it working, then don't include it as a feature native to the phone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links