I've tried all of the following IM clients and get disconnected on every one of them. I have come to the conclusion that a reliable IM client does not exist for Android.
At this point, I've given up on finding an attractive app... I just want one that stays connected. HELP!
- Meebo: Disconnected every few minutes, unusable but attractive UI.
- eBuddy: Doesn't make it through the night & force closes when exiting a chat. Their site/app is also littered with ads & they inject "eBuddy" into your profile description. I'll deal with their ad BS if it didnt disconnect. Makes you register for an account with ebuddy.
- Hi MSN: Ugly UI and force closes. It's too ugly to use, and don't believe it will stay connected, but if you know it works... let me know and I'll try again.
- Fring: Ugliest UI, automatically imports your phone contacts. You also cant remove them afterward. Pitiful comes to mind when I think of Fring.
- IM+ Lite: Disconnects but auto reconnects. Not the nicest UI, but who cares, it reconnects. Their disconnect solution may have worked if chat logs weren't cleared on the disconnect.
- Palringo (Currently Using). Interface is pretty nice. It doesn't let you remove some of the things on the main page but its tolerable. Unfortunately, also started logging me on/off every few minutes.
Is there an attractive pay-for application that stays connected?
(Google Talk is not an option for me, I'm not forcing everyone to change their IM service because of my new phone... )