DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Ordered a droid!

  1. Master Droid
    scott craft's Avatar
    Member #
    82091
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    253
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Trophy
    #1

    Ordered a droid!

    I ordered a droid through Verizon this morning. I'm hoping it will be here Tuesday. This is going to be a big step up from the LG env touch I'm using now. I'm going to play with it and hopefully I'll be ready to root it next weekend.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    eliassami5's Avatar
    Member #
    7202
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, Cali
    Posts
    775
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    congrats, i'd suggest getting to know your phone for a bit before you start rooting. You will encounter a lot less problems and you will be familiar enough with the phone to follow most any walkthrough's out there.
  4. Droid
    robyr's Avatar
    Member #
    83984
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (A855)
    #3
    Yes. And DEFINITELY keep receipts just in case you get a case of the Buyers Blues and want to change up to one of the just released models. I for one will be sticking with the Droid. Too many possibilities to pass it up. Great to have you on the team, so to speak.
  5. Droid
    liam.'s Avatar
    Member #
    75126
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    90
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    If its an upgrade why didn't you order the x? It will be out this week!!!

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. Droid
    robyr's Avatar
    Member #
    83984
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (A855)
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by liam. View Post
    If its an upgrade why didn't you order the x? It will be out this week!!!

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Not everyone really wants the X. It is large, and not really all that open. Some buy phones based on their needs as well, such as a physical keyboard among others. In short: The Droid is useful to many people, even though it is not the current media love child (though, it was.).
  7. Blasian shadows's Avatar
    Member #
    82510
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31
    Phone
    Motorola droid Ocd 1.1ghz
    #6
    Congrats on getting a Droid,your never gonna let anyone touch it lol
  8. Droid Ninja
    iPirate's Avatar
    Member #
    19507
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,437
    Phone
    Droid
    #7
    Great!

    I suggest you clean up your contacts in GMAIL and make sure you search, a lot of questions have been asked and answered before!
  9. Master Droid
    scott craft's Avatar
    Member #
    82091
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    253
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Trophy
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by eliassami5 View Post
    congrats, i'd suggest getting to know your phone for a bit before you start rooting. You will encounter a lot less problems and you will be familiar enough with the phone to follow most any walkthrough's out there.
    Thanks. I will make sure I'm pretty familiar with it before rooting, definitely want it to be as smooth as possible.

    I was going to get the incredible, but I started doing research and found this and a couple of other sites and found out about the X and other phones. After doing some reading, I decided a rooted droid would do all I need a phone to do for a while.
  10. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by robyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by liam. View Post
    If its an upgrade why didn't you order the x? It will be out this week!!!

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Not everyone really wants the X. It is large, and not really all that open. Some buy phones based on their needs as well, such as a physical keyboard among others. In short: The Droid is useful to many people, even though it is not the current media love child (though, it was.).
    Maybe not the media love child, but still mine!

    I would be ok with the size. I'd probably also find a use for the hdmi out.

    The droid's keyboard is something I seldom use. I can honestly say the X key has been the most frequently used key on that keyboard. But, it doesn't get in my way either.

    I'm not sure I'd be ok with the moto-droid getting some android 3.0 features by year's end but owning a droid-x that stays on 2.2. Time will tell. I know I definitely wouldn't be happy on the inc waiting list while meanwhile an 8month old phone (rooted ones) were already running android 2.2.

    8 months old and Scott still has made a good purchase. Welcome aboard Scott.
    Chris

    If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.


    Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  11. Master Droid
    eliassami5's Avatar
    Member #
    7202
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, Cali
    Posts
    775
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by christim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by liam. View Post
    If its an upgrade why didn't you order the x? It will be out this week!!!

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Not everyone really wants the X. It is large, and not really all that open. Some buy phones based on their needs as well, such as a physical keyboard among others. In short: The Droid is useful to many people, even though it is not the current media love child (though, it was.).
    Maybe not the media love child, but still mine!

    I would be ok with the size. I'd probably also find a use for the hdmi out.

    The droid's keyboard is something I seldom use. I can honestly say the X key has been the most frequently used key on that keyboard. But, it doesn't get in my way either.

    I'm not sure I'd be ok with the moto-droid getting some android 3.0 features by year's end but owning a droid-x that stays on 2.2. Time will tell. I know I definitely wouldn't be happy on the inc waiting list while meanwhile an 8month old phone (rooted ones) were already running android 2.2.

    8 months old and Scott still has made a good purchase. Welcome aboard Scott.
    The Droid isnt getting 3.0 fyi. The X will most definitely get 3.0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Just Pre-Ordered Droid X
    By macatk89 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 07:05 PM
  2. Just Ordered My droid!
    By drmcstford in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 04:13 PM
  3. Just ordered my droid!
    By digerati in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 10:36 PM
  4. just ordered a droid 10 min. ago!
    By IIIunityIII in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 11:05 PM
  5. Just ordered my Droid....
    By skelt11 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 02:20 AM

Search tags for this page

android 3.0 hdmi out verizon -tablet -tablets

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+