DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Notifications from twitter delayed?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JCo352 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scoder View Post
    Which twitter app do you use?
    I use tweetcaster by handmark.

But I think you do it from twitter.com(mobile section) That's how I have the tweet updates sent to my phone, not from the app...im pretty sure.

But if I'm wrong , please do inform me.

Thanks!
    Have you used the official twitter app? That's the one I use and it works pretty well.
    I'm not sure it's from the apps though. You have to set it up from twitter.com for it to send you phone texts of individual tweeters you want to get them from.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Why would you use the text method, when you could just use an app? The text method is for people without smartphones.
    FroYo
    Follow me on
    Twitter
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JCo352 View Post
    Why would you use the text method, when you could just use an app? The text method is for people without smartphones.
    Its for me to get texts from certain people im following on twitter. I dont update my tweets thru text, I get texts when they tweet something...you cant do that w the app..
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Scoder, any other input?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I too am confused as to why you would use the text method, that's known for its slow push of updates. I used that when I first started using Twitter and would get my girlfriend's tweets up to 2 hours late. Then I got a Droid and used a dedicated app for it.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by scoder View Post
    I too am confused as to why you would use the text method, that's known for its slow push of updates. I used that when I first started using Twitter and would get my girlfriend's tweets up to 2 hours late. Then I got a Droid and used a dedicated app for it.
    How do you get the update from the app tho? Don't you have to set it up on twitter.com, and click on the phone icon of the person ur following so you recieve his or her tweets?
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I use Seesmic on my Droid for twitter. I can set intervals in the settings for polling as little as 5 minutes, I believe. I can also have it send me notifications of new tweets. I follow a ton of people, so I turned this off... else I'd be getting notified every 30 minutes when I'm scheduled to pull. I only get notifications of DMs or Replies.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by WVOz1970 View Post
    I use Seesmic on my Droid for twitter. I can set intervals in the settings for polling as little as 5 minutes, I believe. I can also have it send me notifications of new tweets. I follow a ton of people, so I turned this off... else I'd be getting notified every 30 minutes when I'm scheduled to pull. I only get notifications of DMs or Replies.
    Thats the thing. When you go to twitter.com you can choose whose tweets you want to recieve. There is this small phone icon next to their name and you click it and it turns green.

This way you dont recieve everyones new tweet....rather just the people u choose to recieve it from. You cant do that thru an app...only thru online which is what I've been saying here.

and it seems like at times theres a delay of when u recieve those tweets.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WVOz1970 View Post
    Thats the thing. When you go to twitter.com you can choose whose tweets you want to recieve. There is this small phone icon next to their name and you click it and it turns green.

This way you dont recieve everyones new tweet....rather just the people u choose to recieve it from. You cant do that thru an app...only thru online which is what I've been saying here.

and it seems like at times theres a delay of when u recieve those tweets.
    I'm still confused. If you click the phone beside their names on Twitter, it sends SMS messages to your phone when that person tweets. Has nothing to do with the phone application. The phone apps don't "read" that notification, to my knowledge. Maybe I'm misreading something... if so, I apologize.

I don't use SMS for Twitter at all. Not on an unlimited txt plan, so I use my allotment carefully

Seesmic does offer the ability to create groupings and filters. I've not used them, but the ability is there. You can set certain people to certain groups, if I read correctly, and only have their tweets appear in the phone app.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links