DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: EVO Contacts

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

EVO Contacts

I hope this is not a Droid only, as in the phone and not the OS, cell only forum

If it is, forgive me

I have what is prolly an easy question for most of you. How do I get the Facebook contacts out of my list of contacts on the EVO. Not a big probleem, but I like to be in control of it and I dont know how they got there and I'd like them to be separate

Lastly
    is there a way to get a separate ringtone for my yahoo email like I could on the Nexus AND also is there a way to choose whethere I could have my mail deleted off my phone as well as my server like my Blackberry, and even my Nexus

My original purpose is for the Contacts question, so if you can help, great.
    For the Yahoo mail, I believe that it has been answered, Not that it is a EVO shortcoming, but I beliieve I simply have to lookout for the notification ringtone and share the same one....as well as for the deleting of the email, it can only be done All or Nothing. No way of leaving it on the server like on the Nexus and def on the Blackberry. someone got into confusing stuff saying if I did not have pay email, which I do, they use IMAP (is that right term) where they delete them off phone and server, but if I have pay pop3 I can have choice to leave on server.

Thanks for reading and any further clearing u can do
    Eric

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
    I hope this is not a Droid only, as in the phone and not the OS, cell only forum

If it is, forgive me

I have what is prolly an easy question for most of you. How do I get the Facebook contacts out of my list of contacts on the EVO. Not a big probleem, but I like to be in control of it and I dont know how they got there and I'd like them to be separate

Lastly
    is there a way to get a separate ringtone for my yahoo email like I could on the Nexus AND also is there a way to choose whethere I could have my mail deleted off my phone as well as my server like my Blackberry, and even my Nexus

My original purpose is for the Contacts question, so if you can help, great.
    For the Yahoo mail, I believe that it has been answered, Not that it is a EVO shortcoming, but I beliieve I simply have to lookout for the notification ringtone and share the same one....as well as for the deleting of the email, it can only be done All or Nothing. No way of leaving it on the server like on the Nexus and def on the Blackberry. someone got into confusing stuff saying if I did not have pay email, which I do, they use IMAP (is that right term) where they delete them off phone and server, but if I have pay pop3 I can have choice to leave on server.

Eric
    Well this is pretty much a Verizon Droid forum, not many if any Evo users here, but from what I know about android, maybe I can help you.

1. Contacts > Menu Soft Key > Accounts > remove facebook

2. I guess you kind of answered your own question about the notifications

3. No idea about those types of email sorry.
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    On the forum home page (droidforums.net/forum), look on the right side, the owners of this forum actually have a forum dedicated to the evo as well.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Titan.. first of all thx for the help Nice to know I have my favorites folder full of Droid forums, had this one from when I posted a questiion for my friend with the Incredible

Nice to know this is just another forum to post in when I can't find answers elsewhere.

I couldn't find it under contacts, but I did find it under settings / accounts and sync or something like that

You pointed me in the right directions.

Now that I am there, and I feel secure in knowing how they got there, I guess it can be looked at as a strengthh and just keep them. I know the blackberry I loved couldn't have it.

take care.
    Eric
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member

Links