DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of making the switch

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Thinking of making the switch

I've been an iPhone user for two years, and I'm considering making the jump to android, specifically Droid X.

I know the Droid X won't be perfect either, but with some of the issues on the new iPhone still being ironed out, the Droid X seems pretty appealing. Not to mention, AT&T is pretty ridiculous most days.

I have to say, Swype + Verizon seems really appealing.

I'm curious if there are others who have made the switch, and what they have missed about iPhone and like about Android?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by northpen View Post
    I know the Droid X won't be perfect either
    Lies.

but with some of the issues on the new iPhone still being ironed out
    Hmm...didn't know they had even started

the Droid X seems pretty appealing. Not to mention, AT&T is pretty ridiculous most days.
    Truth

Go play with an X. You'll never look back. Android rocks like no other. I have had Winmo phones, BB phones, iPhones and Android phones. None of the others can do half of what my Droid can do.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by thelion View Post

Go play with an X. You'll never look back. Android rocks like no other. I have had Winmo phones, BB phones, iPhones and Android phones. None of the others can do half of what my Droid can do.
    I have to agree. I am in charge of the wireless devices for my company, and I have tested every unit out there. The only reason some people are not using android units is because they don't want to pay for the app to have full exchange support. And since froyo is just around the corner, they are just waiting. We also have blackberries in our environment, but they don't even compare. Iphones are cool, but way to proprietary and Apple is way too difficult to deal with when it comes to repair. Besides, I can take a bricked android phone and have it back up and running in 15 minutes. Switch to android, you won't be disappointed.
  4. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    I'm a former iPhone user. I switched for one simple reason. AT&T! Their coverage and 3G is terrible!

For me the Droid has been a great phone. I would recommend it to anyone. I've not seen the X so I'm not able to voice an opinion.

Here is a link that may help Motorola Droid X Review | Android Phone Fans

Personally, I believe by moving to VZW you will be better off no matter what phone you select.

Mike
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post

I have to agree. I am in charge of the wireless devices for my company, and I have tested every unit out there. The only reason some people are not using android units is because they don't want to pay for the app to have full exchange support. And since froyo is just around the corner, they are just waiting. We also have blackberries in our environment, but they don't even compare. Iphones are cool, but way to proprietary and Apple is way too difficult to deal with when it comes to repair. Besides, I can take a bricked android phone and have it back up and running in 15 minutes. Switch to android, you won't be disappointed.
    I am currently an iPhone user planning to switch to Droid X. My understanding is that Exchange support is native in Android? What is not included?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post

I am currently an iPhone user planning to switch to Droid X. My understanding is that Exchange support is native in Android? What is not included?
    Coffee maker, Ferrari and 3 wishes. Otherwise it's got pretty much everything.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Well it depends on whether your running Android 2.2 or 2.1. If you are on 2.1 and your company has security policies requiring a PIN password then you will have to use an application such as touchdown. If they do not require it you will be able to get your email, however you will not be able to accept or decline meeting invites from the device. Now if you are on 2.2 then you will be able to do all those things inherently through the android operating system.

Make sense?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #

Well it depends on whether your running Android 2.2 or 2.1. If you are on 2.1 and your company has security policies requiring a PIN password then you will have to use an application such as touchdown. If they do not require it you will be able to get your email, however you will not be able to accept or decline meeting invites from the device. Now if you are on 2.2 then you will be able to do all those things inherently through the android operating system.

Make sense?
    PIN? Of course I need a password to log on. I thought I'd be able to accept meeting invites though like I can with my iPhone.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    PIN? Of course I need a password to log on. I thought I'd be able to accept meeting invites though like I can with my iPhone.
    Well this is different from just your email password. Does your company currently require that you have a PIN to unlock your phone? Also if you make sure to pick up a newer android device that already is on the latest android 2.2 (which there aren't too many yet, but will be by the fall) then you can accept meeting invites just like the iphone.
  10. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    I have Exchange on my Droid. I've used it with 2.0.1, 2.1 and 2.2. I used the Corporate email app and I've not had any issues.

Mike
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links