DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Video send

  1. Droid
    eyexam's Avatar
    Member #
    84924
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Video send

    I took a video and saved it (Moto Droid 2.1) and when I went to send it, it was over my email limit in size. I tried to tether to my computer but it only moved it over as a "picture", not a video. What am I doing wrong??

    thanks
    Jeff
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Developer
    gflam's Avatar
    Member #
    77717
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,884
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    #2
    Connect your phone via usb
    Pull down your status bar and press usb connected
    and turn on usb storage
    your computer should prompt a window which will allow you to select open folder to view files if not just hit start click computer and select removable disk
    once inside this browse to the file and drag and drop it to your desktop or some where on your computer and that's it
  4. Droid
    eyexam's Avatar
    Member #
    84924
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3

    video download

    Quote Originally Posted by gflam View Post
    Connect your phone via usb
    Pull down your status bar and press usb connected
    and turn on usb storage
    your computer should prompt a window which will allow you to select open folder to view files if not just hit start click computer and select removable disk
    once inside this browse to the file and drag and drop it to your desktop or some where on your computer and that's it
    Thanks- thought that's what I did but couldn't find the "video", just pictures. I'll give it another shot to see if I might have just missed it.

    Also, just downloaded "Dropbox" so might give that a try as well.

    THANKS
    Jeff
  5. Droid Sensei
    takeshi's Avatar
    Member #
    10236
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,600
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #4
    Videos seem to be in \DCIM\Camera on my SD card. Just not that they're in there along with the photos so be sure you're copying the correct file(s).

    Quote Originally Posted by eyexam View Post
    I tried to tether to my computer but it only moved it over as a "picture", not a video.
    How did you determine it was "moved over as a picture"? AFAIK, this isn't possible. The file is whatever it is and copying doesn't change the file. Keep in mind that videos are in 3GP format (IIRC) and your PC may not be able to decode them.
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-06-2010 at 07:11 AM.
  6. Droid
    eyexam's Avatar
    Member #
    84924
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Videos seem to be in \DCIM\Camera on my SD card. Just not that they're in there along with the photos so be sure you're copying the correct file(s).

    Quote Originally Posted by eyexam View Post
    I tried to tether to my computer but it only moved it over as a "picture", not a video.
    How did you determine it was "moved over as a picture"? AFAIK, this isn't possible. The file is whatever it is and copying doesn't change the file. Keep in mind that videos are in 3GP format (IIRC) and your PC may not be able to decode them.
    YEP- that was it; I thought that DCIM\ sounded familiar.....I was looking in the wrong directory.

    Thanks!!
    Jeff
  7. Junior Droid
    anthony.selby's Avatar
    Member #
    119686
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6

    Android SendIT

    I use Android SendIT ... (Searched the market for email Video .. it was the 2nd one down) ... it lets you email any video to anyone

    it worked perfectly for me

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. y cant i send video?
    By Pointman84 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 07:29 AM
  2. How to send video texts
    By droidgman in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 07:53 PM
  3. send video from DROID
    By cmacv in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 01:17 PM
  4. Video Messages Won't Send! Help!
    By Kamadroid in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 08:40 AM
  5. How to send larg video files with droid?
    By Chrisace89 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 12:32 AM

Search tags for this page

droid video sender

,

how can i send a video from my droidx2 to my computer

,

how do i send a video vortex phone

,
how to send a video from a lg droid phone
,

how to send a video from a lg vortex

,

how to send a video from lg droid

,

how to send a video from lg vortex

,

how to send video with lg vortex

,

my android lg wont let me send videos

,
my phone wont let me send videos
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+