DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone buy Droid at BB and pricematch Walmart?

Member #

Did anyone buy Droid at BB and pricematch Walmart?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased from BB today? If so how much did you pay after taxes? Do you pay an activation fee? Did you price match Walmart's $188 price?

AC
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Voyager
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackcenter View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased from BB today? If so how much did you pay after taxes? Do you pay an activation fee? Did you price match Walmart's $188 price?

AC
    I checked Walmart online and they have the Droid for $150 with instant mail in rebate. I doubt that Best Buy will match the price though but I'll still try

http://walmart.letstalk.com/cart/cart.htm
    Member #
    I may be wrong, but I thought that I saw someone post that the in store price for Droid at Walmart was $188. If so, that would be a credible price match.

AC
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Voyager
    I may be wrong, but I thought that I saw someone post that the in store price for Droid at Walmart was $188. If so, that would be a credible price match.

AC
    yea I know I saw that too but I wanted to make sure what they had it for online cause that is what Best Buy checks when they price match
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Voyager
    They let me price match sears for $180 because that is how much it cost to upgrade with sears
    Member #
    Are you refering to Best Buy Mobile?

If so, I asked the Sr. Best Buy Mobile employee that was helping me at Best Buy if they price match. She told me "no" Best Buy Mobile does not price match, is this true? I am a new activation.

I paid $254.75 all together for my Droid. Boy, do I feel I got slapped, compared to these other deals. It's also a good lesson for me on sales and buy these smartphones phones. I think at Sprint, I made a similar mistake. I was considering returning it for a better price, but a CS rep (I think) made the point to me that after you activate your line, your no longer considered a new customer. I do know of course that I could return the phone under the current law, get a refund, and end service within the first 30 days. Then I could try to get Verizon to get my account deleted or reset so that I would no longer appear to be a customer and then repurchase the phone.

Does Best Buy truly have this police? Has anybody ever done what I am kinda considering?
    Last edited by Attackcenter; 11-09-2009 at 02:27 AM.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dr0id
    Makes me want to go back and *****...

I'm also exclusively using Google Voice as my number.. and I'm wanting to downgrade to the 450 min plan.. as I probably won't even go over 100mintues for a month using Google Voice..
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Voyager
    Are you refering to Best Buy Mobile?

If so, I asked the Sr. Best Buy Mobile employee that was helping me at Best Buy if they price match. She told me "no" Best Buy Mobile does not price match, is this true? I am a new activation.

I paid $254.75 all together for my Droid. Boy, do I feel I got slapped, compared to these other deals. It's also a good lesson for me on sales and buy these smartphones phones. I think at Sprint, I made a similar mistake. I was considering returning it for a better price, but a CS rep (I think) made the point to me that after you activate your line, your no longer considered a new customer. I do know of course that I could return the phone under the current law, get a refund, and end service within the first 30 days. Then I could try to get Verizon to get my account deleted or reset so that I would no longer appear to be a customer and then repurchase the phone.

Does Best Buy truly have this police? Has anybody ever done what I am kinda considering?
    Best Buy Mobile didn't let you price match the rep that helped just ask me where to look and she found it and I saved myself $20. I got it for $230 out the door
  9. pwo
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Just email me!!!
    No body has beat this yet:
    Click Here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/980-just-got-best-deal-ever.html?highlight=deal

Best Buy will price match competitor's price... Was going in to price match Sears $149 ended with 2 droids for $49 each... hehe
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Best Buy price matched my Droid from Wallmart and Sears for $150 this past Friday. No activation fee, out the door.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links