DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android Ready Car Deck

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Android Ready Car Deck

Hey guys. So I think I've made up my mind on getting a droid and am going to be purchasing the Droid X when it comes out on the 15th. My question to you all is this:

Do they make an Android ready car deck yet? You can buy iPod ready decks and such, didn't know if they had made anything like that for Android based phones. I've tried looking around and just can't find too much about it.

If they do have them, does anyone know how well they work, or the functionality that comes with them?

Thanks

Nasteee

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    If you get a Bluetooth enabled deck you can run your music and phone right through your stereo with no wires. Let's see an I Pod do that without an adapter!
    Moto Droid Maxx... Stock... for now!
    Moto Droid Razr... 4.1.2 JB OTA installed and rooted using Matt's Utility... Thanks Matt!

Moto Xoom WiFi ... 4.2.2 JB Ported by Dreamcwli

Moto Sliver Bluetooth

Moto S11-Flex HD Wireless Stereo Headphones... Thanks Droid Forums!
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Hi, I have a Motorola Droid and I love it. Unfortunately I'm unable to answer your question, however I just read today that android 3.0 is coming out in Q3 this year. You might want to make sure the DroidX will be able to update to 3.0.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoDrtRider View Post
    If you get a Bluetooth enabled deck you can run your music and phone right through your stereo with no wires. Let's see an I Pod do that without an adapter!
    +1 for Bluetooth
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  6. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R1cochet View Post
    Hi, I have a Motorola Droid and I love it. Unfortunately I'm unable to answer your question, however I just read today that android 3.0 is coming out in Q3 this year. You might want to make sure the DroidX will be able to update to 3.0.

It can. It meets all of the requirements for Gingerbread. In fact, only the X and whatever else sports 4.3" screen will be able to run Android 3.0 (Gingerbread).
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    There aren't any that interface with Android. At least not yet anyway. The problem is there are so many different manufacturers that there isn't really one set connection standard like there is with the ipod/iphone. Like they said above, you can use bluetooth which is what I do but I do kinda miss being able to control everything from my touchscreen monitor. Maybe one day there will be a android car deck or one that can at least interface with the phones but at this point in time there isn't.

8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Note 2, GNex
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post

It can. It meets all of the requirements for Gingerbread. In fact, only the X and whatever else sports 4.3" screen will be able to run Android 3.0 (Gingerbread).

That's not true. Although that is what was originally posted that Gingerbread would require 1ghz etc... it was later released that those are the *recommended* requirements for Gingerbread. earlier phones will be supported by 3.0 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...tml#post602703

Last edited by DeadlyAP1; 07-05-2010 at 06:58 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasteee View Post
    Hey guys. So I think I've made up my mind on getting a droid and am going to be purchasing the Droid X when it comes out on the 15th. My question to you all is this:

Do they make an Android ready car deck yet? You can buy iPod ready decks and such, didn't know if they had made anything like that for Android based phones. I've tried looking around and just can't find too much about it.

If they do have them, does anyone know how well they work, or the functionality that comes with them?

Thanks

Nasteee
    "Ipod" ready means that the deck is able to accept an ipod interface (last i was in the car audio game Alpine was the only brand with the interface built it, all the rest it was a $75-$100 add-on)

So basically the interface acts like a computer and itunes to transfer the data to your headunit in a way it can be read. Currently there is no program that interfaces with a droid like itunes does for ipods/phones. Google Music is rumored to do such and come out not long after gingerbread. So maybe there will be an interface eventually, but i wouldn't expect it for atleast another 2 years or so.

So as it was said either use it via bluetooth, but make sure the headunit can accept bluetooth audio and its not just setup for bluetooth calls. And also from my exp, bluetooth kits are add-ons also.

Or get a deck that had a 3.5mm aux input and use the headphone jack

Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R1cochet View Post

All phones from the Droid 1 on in power are expected to be compatible with gingerbread

Google dismissed the rumors of gingerbread's needed hardware specs. So all we know yet again is it is called Gingerbread. Its not even known if its going to be 3.0, 2.3, or 2.X

I never believed that rumor, the droid 1 is the highest sold droid device by far and most people wont be up for upgrade until atleast fallish on 2011 (if they upgrade the few months before the 2 yr contract mark.) So i dont see anyway that Google/Android would turn its back on that device already just to piss the majority of android owners off a year before they get a new device. Though ill admitt i will prob upgrade my droid to a droid pro in the fall if its worth it

Google Shuts Down Gingerbread Rumors - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnadie4thegov View Post
    "Ipod" ready means that the deck is able to accept an ipod interface (last i was in the car audio game Alpine was the only brand with the interface built it, all the rest it was a $75-$100 add-on)

So basically the interface acts like a computer and itunes to transfer the data to your headunit in a way it can be read. Currently there is no program that interfaces with a droid like itunes does for ipods/phones. Google Music is rumored to do such and come out not long after gingerbread. So maybe there will be an interface eventually, but i wouldn't expect it for atleast another 2 years or so.
    ^ This. In the mean time, look for A2DP and USB.

There are some related threads in the Accessories subforum.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycemiskel View Post
    There aren't any that interface with Android. At least not yet anyway. The problem is there are so many different manufacturers that there isn't really one set connection standard like there is with the ipod/iphone. Like they said above, you can use bluetooth which is what I do but I do kinda miss being able to control everything from my touchscreen monitor. Maybe one day there will be a android car deck or one that can at least interface with the phones but at this point in time there isn't.

Has anyone used the bluetooth with a kenwood deck? I ordered the kca-bt200 adapter for my deck and was wondering if anyone has used their droid to communicate wit ha kenwood deck the way I plan to? Any compatibility issues or anything?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links