DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 101

Thread: Phone Big oversight

  1. Senior Droid
    sterdroids's Avatar
    Member #
    8997
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    205
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Phone Big oversight

    I love the device but I feel a really big oversight (maybe I am wrong) if so please enlighten me. Shouldnt one of the 4 buttons be a phone button to bring you right back to the phone app as fast as possible? I feel like I get lost a little in the OS when looking for the phone app. I feel it is not intuitive to getting back to hang up a phone call etc... and doing it in a FAST WAY.

    Maybe its just me?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    xliderider's Avatar
    Member #
    763
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Where Diamond Head stay
    Posts
    1,396
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    #2
    The iPhone lacks a hard Phone/Call button as well...
  4. Senior Droid
    lauriep's Avatar
    Member #
    189
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    214
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ConqSoft View Post
    I keep the Phone app on my home screen. Easy access...
    This. People, this isn't a tough concept! When you have to make a call, you press one icon to get to call screen. When you need to hang up, the phone screen comes back up and you hang up. AT WORST, you have to tap the power button to re-activate the screen, then hang up. How fast do you really need to hang up??

    Sterdroid, it really seems as if this isn't the phone for you. You have too many (simple) issues with it.
  5. sir
    sir is offline
    Master Droid
    sir's Avatar
    Member #
    2083
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    256
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    the reason this is classified as a "Smartphone" is because all of the other features (Internet, apps, etc.) are just as important as the phone feature itself. Thus the phone is not a centralized feature that needs to be immediately accessible.

    The four buttons at the bottom are applicable and useful to all applications that want to leverage them, as opposed to adding a phone icon which has a singular purpose and would take away from other icons that would be useful to an app.
  6. Senior Droid
    sterdroids's Avatar
    Member #
    8997
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    205
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ConqSoft View Post
    I keep the Phone app on my home screen. Easy access...
    This. People, this isn't a tough concept! When you have to make a call, you press one icon to get to call screen. When you need to hang up, the phone screen comes back up and you hang up. AT WORST, you have to tap the power button to re-activate the screen, then hang up. How fast do you really need to hang up??

    Sterdroid, it really seems as if this isn't the phone for you. You have too many (simple) issues with it.

    No not that its not for me I want it for me but.... I need it to work. I dont want to press and press and press especially when I am driving. I want to hang up EZ not too much to ask for. Dont get me wrong some of the feature on this phone are OUT of this WORLD!

    I went to return and I couldnt!!!
    Last edited by sterdroids; 11-29-2009 at 01:02 PM.
  7. sir
    sir is offline
    Master Droid
    sir's Avatar
    Member #
    2083
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    256
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sterdroids View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ConqSoft View Post
    I keep the Phone app on my home screen. Easy access...
    This. People, this isn't a tough concept! When you have to make a call, you press one icon to get to call screen. When you need to hang up, the phone screen comes back up and you hang up. AT WORST, you have to tap the power button to re-activate the screen, then hang up. How fast do you really need to hang up??

    Sterdroid, it really seems as if this isn't the phone for you. You have too many (simple) issues with it.

    No not that its not for me I want it for me but.... I need it to work. I dont want to press and press and press especially when I am driving. I want to hang up EZ not too much to ask for.
    Saying "i want it to be for me" says you should be accepting of sacrifices to accommodate how the phone works and change the way you use the phone to work with the phone itself, but saying "I need it to work" says you have problems with the features it has and you are not going to cater your usage to the features the phone presents. So you've essentially said the phone is not for you.

    You don't have to "press and press and press" any more than any other smartphone. I guess in that regard a smartphone is not for you.

    Not sure why the massive red "END" button isn't easy for you...not to mention you should be using bluetooth in the car which can hang up from the bluetooth device.

    I guess any touchscreen device is not for you, as much as you want it to be.

    My suggestion is to either learn how to use the phone with the features it has and the way the features are presented, or to look at other phones on the market and find one that works the way you want a phone to work.
  8. Droid
    destrekor's Avatar
    Member #
    10074
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    33
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    You have three options:
    - as others have mentioned, place a Phone shortcut on the Home-screen.
    - Hold the "Home" touch button on the bottom, Phone will likely be one of your 6 most recent apps.
    - Drag the Notification Shade down, the Phone Call will appear at the top, underneath "Ongoing".
  9. Senior Droid
    irishdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    9785
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    166
    #8

    Prox. detector???

    Are you having trouble ending the call? Im sure you know that there is a sensor that reactivates the screen when you move it away from your head. When that screen comes back up you only have to push the END button. If you make a call and the screen does not come back you may have your sensor blocked or could be defective...
  10. Droid Ninja
    R1Lover's Avatar
    Member #
    1022
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Ca
    Posts
    1,702
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    #9
    If the other party hands up your phone will also disconnect... get over it!
  11. Senior Droid
    sterdroids's Avatar
    Member #
    8997
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    205
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by destrekor View Post
    You have three options:
    - as others have mentioned, place a Phone shortcut on the Home-screen.
    - Hold the "Home" touch button on the bottom, Phone will likely be one of your 6 most recent apps.
    - Drag the Notification Shade down, the Phone Call will appear at the top, underneath "Ongoing".

    thanks for the these I knew of most of them but I had a problem where I couldnt even get back to the call in progress screen.

    I guess i am having issue where i am dialing from the call log and then when i hit phone app it brings me back to call log first then i need to hit call in progress to get to the hangup area. seriously I couldnt hang up if i wanted to. not sure what I am doing wrong. not knocking the phone i love it and i am getting over "my" personal hurdles one by one but not being able to hang up easily i need to work on that one.

    I am new to bluetooth in terms i never use it i use speaker phone. but maybe i need to get a BT headset (which One?).
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 9 Things My Dumb-phone DOES that my Smart-Phone DON'T... and vice versa
    By Thanassi44 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 08:05 PM
  2. Love the phone love the site one ? hooking up usb cable to phone to compy
    By Delirious17 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM
  3. Phone shutting down after long phone calls
    By simkie in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 01:58 PM

Search tags for this page

android touchdown red light bulb

,

dedicated droid phone button

,

t shirt sterdroids

,

touchdown droid lights

,

touchdown red light bulb

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+