DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh, How WE Worry About Our Droids!!!

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member

Oh, How WE Worry About Our Droids!!!

As a moderator in the forum I see people frequently post about things that are really insignificant. Silly little problems like how come I only have 2 bars today when I had 3 yesterday.

But let something like that happen to me, and I will go to the corners of the earth to find the answer.

Yesterday I tried calling my pharmacy up which happens to be in a Target store. Instead of getting the usual recording I got three beeps and a disconnect.

So I called in with my VoiP phone and placed my order. You know the usual stuff a moderator has to take. Anyway I forgot about it until I had a few minutes to kill later. So I tried it again. Same thing happened. I try calling other contacts. No problem. I try again to call Target. A few beeps and a disconnect.

So I conclude that it's got to be my phone. I think "I need to change the baseband on this, it's an obvious piece of crap." I again tried VoiP and call went through just fine.

I get someone from the news team and another mod to call the number. They can't get through either on their Droid. So it has to be a Verizon problem, right?

Now I've now spent 3 hours on this stuff. I call Verizon and the friendly rep tells me she gets the same thing too but it can't be Verizons fault! Why not I say, I can call it on VoiP? She says she doesn't know what to tell me.

I call the store to inform them that they have an issue with Verizon phones. The very nice girl says interesting, will tell her manager. I then ask what's the regular Store number so I can reach the pharmacy there, because you got to understand people, drugs at my age are very important. Come to think of it Drugs at my younger ages were very important too, but I digress.

I get the direct number to the store and it has a different area code on it. Huh? I know I've called the pharmacy with the 440 area code before.

I try the same number with a 330 area code and it works like a charm.

My conclusion: The area code changed to 330 in that store but calls were still being allowed to the 440 number for a while. I look at the number on my bottles and sure enough, it says 330.

I spent 4 hours on this last night. 4 hours to find out I was dialing a wrong number.

And don't tell me you wouldn't have done the same thing too. You guys are just as obsessed about this phone as I am.

And I'll try to be a little more responsive then saying "what are you worried about" the next time someone ask a really insignificant question
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Heh heh, you won't do THAT again.
    When I saw area code 330 I glanced at your location.

Where are you? I grew up in Warren.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    See what drugs do to you?
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate-Superclean 2.8
    Good story. I've had advanced troubleshooting sessions that ended with a simple solution like that too. Sometimes it just makes you laugh.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I spent 4 hours on this last night. 4 hours to find out I was dialing a wrong number.
    It's hard to explain the addiction to troubleshoot Android. Quest for knowledge, discovery, happiness or the dethronement of Apple?
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid, Charge, Bionic, S4
    Premium Member
    LOL - solutions are always more difficult to find when the problem dosen't exist.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    lg g2
    #blamebranyon hook. its the only logical thing us clevelanders can do

Cleveland Twitter Users #BlameBranyan | WaitingForNextYear
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule65 View Post
    It's hard to explain the addiction to troubleshoot Android. Quest for knowledge, discovery, happiness or the dethronement of Apple?
    addiction? What addiction?

Hello, my name is Chris and I've been un-bricking droids for...
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  10. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    Oh that is just toooo funny cuz your right Hook I can see myself doing the exact same thing.................. wait actually I think my husband did and I was ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we just need to increase the drugs.... LOL
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Ive had problems like this too, Ive come to the conclusion that all the problems I had before with my droid slowing down 1-5 days after installing a rom was most likely Helix 1's fault and not the rom or kernel like I always assumed, I spent countless hours reflashing roms, kernels and SBFs lol

I then ask what's the regular Store number so I can reach the pharmacy there, because you got to understand people, drugs at my age are very important. Come to think of it Drugs at my younger ages were very important too, but I digress.
    hahaha, Im about half your age I know what you mean
    How To: Compiling a Custom Version of Clockwork Mod Recovery
    <-- Lockscreen

ROM: Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links