DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Keyboard not as flat as desribed.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 1

Keyboard not as flat as desribed.

I have read a couple of reviews that said the keyboard keys were not as rounded as other phones. I have large hands and are less sensitive than most due to my profession. I have read dozens of reviews deciding if I should Droid so I went for a hands on at the store and found the keys to be a lot friendlier than reviewed.
  2. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    x2

..and I am a "beginner" when it comes to using a keyboard on a phone. Also have large hands/fingers that are beat up from years of wrenching etc. Keyboard usage seems much easier than I ever thought it would be and actually usable compared to other phones I tried. The small keyboards on the BBs I checked out weren't usable at all for me, one of my fingers was bigger than the whole keyboard.. only came in handy for pressing all keys at once :-)
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm in a bit of a quandry between keyboard and case. I like having a case on my phone but with my large thumbs it makes it nearly impossible to type with any sort of speed or accuracy. If I had a dollar for every time I typed "thatj" or otherwise accidently hit the keys below the top row because the case pushed my thumb down I could buy another Droid or two.

I'm thinking about letting my Droid run naked as a result.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hodie View Post
    I'm in a bit of a quandry between keyboard and case. I like having a case on my phone but with my large thumbs it makes it nearly impossible to type with any sort of speed or accuracy. If I had a dollar for every time I typed "thatj" or otherwise accidently hit the keys below the top row because the case pushed my thumb down I could buy another Droid or two.

I have the same problem... my case is constantly getting in the way of my thumbs when using the keyboard. Half the time I just use the touch screen keyboard, but I like the qwerty. So I may be taking my case off soon as well...
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG

Cases on slider phones....

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hodie View Post

Have you looked into the proctective skins that cover the phone, its just kinda like a thick protective sticker for the entire phone. I had a case on mine for all of five minutes, actually had it off as soon as I got in the car, lol.

I love the keyboard also, I was debating it at first but after reading reviews that said it only takes a little getting used to I decided to go for it and now I'm glad I did. The keys are hard to press when you first start using the phone but after that break in period, I have been able to type pretty fast on it. I also thought the D-pad would be useless, but I'm finding that it comes in handy when trying to edit and delete text.

Links