DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Email setup advice

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Email setup advice

Hello,

I am new to this forum and was hoping someone could help. I got my Motorola Droid two days ago and I am trying to find the best way to setup my email. I currently have two Yahoo email accounts, two Hotmail accounts and one Cox email account. I went into the the standard email app that was on my phone and setup my Yahoo and Hotmail accounts.
    However, it seems like mr Droid was slowly showing every email in every account on the droid. This was causing me to get a new email notification very often. Most of the time indicating 2 or 3 new emails for the accounts at a time. I have many old emails on each email account and at this rate it would take weeks (and hundreds of new email notifications) before every email on every account showed up on my Droid.
    Is there a way I can either:

1. Quickly have all the emails from each account show on my phone so I don't get a new email notification every few minutes as the old emails in each account come over a few at a time.

2. Only have new emails received show up on my Droid without having emails already in my accounts show up.

Thanks,
    Glen

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    to the Droid Forum, Glenn.

This is a google phone so if it's at all possible get your mail from gmail.

OK that's not possible, I know. But hotmail accounts are a real pia from my understanding and yahoo can be trouble too.

I'm not much help here because all my mail comes through gmail. You can set it up that way, through gmail but it will probably bel slow receiving it. You might look at an app in the Market called K-9. I have never used it but many do and they say it works better then the standard email app.

Sorry I wasn't much help. Hopefully someone with some experience will be able to give you some more assistance.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I suspect Hotmail will get better as ActiveSync is rolled out. Exchange and ActiveSync work really well on this Google phone (certainly with Touchdown).

Yahoo, from watching my better half, is hit-and-miss. Good luck if you decide to keep those Yahoo accounts. Keep a bookmark to the mobile web page to log into Yahoo Mail handy.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    Here's an idea, that admittedly I have not tried yet.

Instead of leaving all your old email in your inbox, set-up another mail folder on your account to archive the old stuff. That way, your Droid won't have to go through so much stuff.
    a little obsessive...
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    I suspect Hotmail will get better as ActiveSync is rolled out. Exchange and ActiveSync work really well on this Google phone (certainly with Touchdown).

Yahoo, from watching my better half, is hit-and-miss. Good luck if you decide to keep those Yahoo accounts. Keep a bookmark to the mobile web page to log into Yahoo Mail handy.
    New Yahoo apps for Android were just rolled out. Early reviews indicate the usual challenges with a v1 product (incomplete features and a little flakiness), but may work well enough for the OP's Yahoo mail.

Downloads:

Last edited by Balthazar B; 07-04-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Links