DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Pros and Cons

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Pros and Cons

So here's my person pro/con list of the Droid Incredible and Droid X:

Droid X Advantages: longer battery life, better dock/car dock mode, camera (multiple mics/ image stabilization), made of metal, better looking phone physically, Swype typing, HD video

Droid X Disadvantages: possibly TOO big, Motoblur2 (from what i've seen, i like Sense better)

Droid Incredible Advantages: AMOLD screen (more vibrant colors), UI (I prefer Sense over Motoblur2 from what I've seen), smaller/more convenient, better Calender

Droid Incredible Disadvantages: shorter battery life, kind of cheaper looking (plastic instead of metal), longer waiting time if ordering this phone

What do you think is the better buy?

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    I say DroidX, but that's personal preference. It's really up to you and what you think is most important.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    barski_x
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I ordered the incredible and I'm still waiting for it. The droid x is going to be released before i get my incredible so i'm going for the droid X. I'm still leery that it might be to big. I guess if i dont like it i will take it back and get the incredible.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Research FTW. Droid X isn't running Motoblur, they've been very vocal about that.
    Also, how do you know it has better battery life? Or the docking modes?
    Everything else you posted I agree with, 'cept the too big comment, but I have bad eyesight so bigger *is* better
    Anyhoo, I will have my X on pre-order, it's the 720p recording, RAM, bigger screen, and same hardware as the Droid that got me interested.
    HTC Rezound... Stock for now, with the Tag Home launcher...
    This link here will answer 90% of your issues: Click Me!

Quote Originally Posted by jntowers
    12 mp camera? are we going to be putting these pictures on billboards?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    I would go for the Incredible. I like small. The size is perfect on the Incredible and it is blazing fast compared to my "normal" Moto-Droid.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Taegost View Post
    Research FTW. Droid X isn't running Motoblur, they've been very vocal about that.
    Also, how do you know it has better battery life? Or the docking modes?
    Everything else you posted I agree with, 'cept the too big comment, but I have bad eyesight so bigger *is* better
    Anyhoo, I will have my X on pre-order, it's the 720p recording, RAM, bigger screen, and same hardware as the Droid that got me interested.

Google search Droid X vs. Incredible. Almost all the sights with the pre-release comparisons say the X has a longer battery life because the processor takes up less energy than the Snapdragon processor on the Incredible. And from what i've read, X is running Motorblur2, not Motoblur. Its supposed to be toned down A LOT when compared to Motoblur. I watched a few of the videos on youtube and whatever it is (if its called Motoblur2 or not), I like the Incredible UI better. But the X's specs are so much better. Im still torn!!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Droid X IMO is a better buy. I wouldn't mind the Motoblur so much as I would expect you to be able to run vanilla android once the devs got a hold of it. Also not sure why the calendar is a plus for the Incredible since there are plenty of replacements in the market.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Soon to be Droid X

Definitely the X

I am going with the X because of many of the reasons listed above; larger screen ( I see fine but I like the bigger screen ), HD video, etc. I'm hoping (from what I have seen so far about the X on the web) that however (or whatever) Motoblur comes on the X, it is something I can live with or get around.

Also, from what I have seen and heard, the next batches of the Incredible will not have the AMOLD screen, but something made by Sony. I know that Sony makes good stuff, but the AMOLD was a big selling point, if you ask me.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    GSM Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I currently *have* the Droid Incredible, and in some ways I'm kind of sorry I got it. It's a nice phone, and pretty fast, but like one of the other posters said, I actually LIKE the bigger display on the Droid X (my eyesight isn't what it once was), as well as the longer battery life (as projected), so on balance, if I had to do it over again, I'd have waited and gotten the Droid X.

Oh well, patience has never been one of my virtues.

-Mike
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 06-30-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Correct the spelling.

Links