Forgive me for a (possibly) old topic but I searched and didn't find what I was looking for.
I am getting my first Droid next month (the X). I currently have a Verizon wireless aircard for my laptop. It costs me $60 a month for it. With tethering, I've been reading that I can hook my phone up to my computer and use it as my modem or in place of my aircard. Here's my questions:
1) Is this allowed? I've read some people say yes, for a fee and others say yes but "don't get caught".
2) If it can be done. How expensive is it?
3) How fast is the connection?
4) What is the data limit? I currently use about 8-10GB a month and my plan is unlimited. If there is a limit, is it possible to increase it and if so how much?
5) Is tethering difficult to do (equipment and time involved) and can I still receive calls/texts/emails on my phone while using my laptop?
Thanks everyone. Sorry for all the questions. Just hoping you can help.
Oh, and feel free to use "stupid dummy terms", I'm still figuring this stuff out in case you couldn't tell.