DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Screen Blackout (Unscientific Study)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Drone

Screen Blackout (Unscientific Study)

Just curious about those who have had screen blackout issues if a majority of users are left-handed or right-handed. Since the Droid's proximity sensor is located in the upper left hand corner of the unit it would appear that a left-handed individual would easily cover this portion of the phone while on the 'in-call' mode so even when the unit is pulled away from your ear it would continue to stay in blackout mode due to the proximity sensor still being covered by the users finger, hand, etc. Just as easy a right handed individual could cover this portion of the phone also with a finger depending on how they hold the phone during and/or after a call. Screen protectors or dirty/heavy fingerprints could also cause the same effect. Seems alot of blackout responses say that it has only happened once or twice and hasn't happened since. Possibly could have been holding the phone differently on those calls.

Plausible or myth busted?
    Last edited by On Droids; 11-28-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    WARNING: DROID ownership may cause some individuals to feel more important than they are!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I am right handed and the screen black out when checking voice mesg is driving me crazy. Cannot turn speaker on or delete messages. I cannot believe there is no setting for this. Also during phone calls
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I haven't encountered any of the blackout problems mentioned but I certainly believe that the six sensors in a Droid might be calibrated differently among the units. See/use the free market app named Quick System Info to view info on the sensors.
    Gerry

Moto
    rolaDroidStockBld:44/09

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by elmezzo View Post
    I am right handed and the screen black out when checking voice mesg is driving me crazy. Cannot turn speaker on or delete messages. I cannot believe there is no setting for this. Also during phone calls
    I too have experienced this. Accidentally, a hand or a finger will be slightly over the sensor that tells the screen when to go black during a phone call. I've found no fix for this so far, and yes, it is quite annoying when it does happen although it hasn't happened to me in 2 months.

Also, you revived a 6 month old thread.

Links