DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Best way to carry droid while running

  1. Droid
    jamsesh's Avatar
    Member #
    5966
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #1

    Best way to carry droid while running

    I like to run and there are some great stats tracking apps in the market place. I was hoping for some advice from others about the best way to carry the phone around while running.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    SwordOfWar's Avatar
    Member #
    3291
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    392
    Phone
    Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsesh View Post
    I like to run and there are some great stats tracking apps in the market place. I was hoping for some advice from others about the best way to carry the phone around while running.
    In your pocket. A holster might not stay on secure enough while running, and holding it in your hand is a pretty bad idea.

    If you don't have any pockets, carry some sort of backpack, or one of those girly "fanny packs". That should work just fine.
  4. Droid
    gdoane's Avatar
    Member #
    8537
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    I use a fanny pack with a concealed carry holster (CCW permit holder) when I'm out running, and the wired headset I got with the Droid for listening to it. The fanny pack doesn't interfere with the GPS any and if there's any trouble, the two things I want with me are my .380 and my Droid.
  5. Master Droid
    SwordOfWar's Avatar
    Member #
    3291
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    392
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    Putting the phone in any type of bag to carry around shouldn't affect the GPS much. Going inside building have a larger affect.

    Personally, I would prefer a small backpack and a wireless Bluetooth headset.
  6. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by gdoane View Post
    I use a fanny pack with a concealed carry holster (CCW permit holder) when I'm out running, and the wired headset I got with the Droid for listening to it. The fanny pack doesn't interfere with the GPS any and if there's any trouble, the two things I want with me are my .380 and my Droid.
    LOL now here's the guy wearing the fanny pack that you DON'T wanna piss off! LOL
  7. Master Droid
    SwordOfWar's Avatar
    Member #
    3291
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    392
    Phone
    Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gdoane View Post
    I use a fanny pack with a concealed carry holster (CCW permit holder) when I'm out running, and the wired headset I got with the Droid for listening to it. The fanny pack doesn't interfere with the GPS any and if there's any trouble, the two things I want with me are my .380 and my Droid.
    LOL now here's the guy wearing the fanny pack that you DON'T wanna piss off! LOL
    *goes and hides in a corner*
  8. Droid
    gdoane's Avatar
    Member #
    8537
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
    Putting the phone in any type of bag to carry around shouldn't affect the GPS much. Going inside building have a larger affect.

    Personally, I would prefer a small backpack and a wireless Bluetooth headset.
    It's been my experience with the Droid that when I'm driving through the I-10 tunnel in Phoenix and it loses the signal (for obvious reasons, concrete and steel 8 foot thick can do that) it announces "GPS LOST". I've seen it do it in and out of car home mode.
  9. Master Droid
    SwordOfWar's Avatar
    Member #
    3291
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    392
    Phone
    Droid
    #8
    Yeah, I expect tunnels or big buildings (such as wal-mart, target, etc..) would also cause problems, but thats not a big deal.

    Who uses a GPS to navigate walmart? lol

    All jokes aside, usually it pre-loads enough information to get you through any "bad or low signal" areas so most of the time you won't even notice it.
  10. Droid
    jamsesh's Avatar
    Member #
    5966
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #9
    Haha thanks guys. I'll make sure to avoid anyone running with a fanny pack from now on
  11. Master Droid
    s-one's Avatar
    Member #
    2867
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    257
    Phone
    Drooooooid
    #10
    I use that shell/holster combo from verizon. Its been working well on my daily 5 to 7 mile fast runs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Tethering up and running on droid
    By thericksonebay in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 09:04 AM
  2. Apps keep running in background
    By w0lfinator in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 04:04 PM
  3. Question for those who carry Droid in their pocket
    By liguy257 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 06:54 AM
  4. Running apps
    By silverjk2007 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 03:52 PM
  5. I'm running two messengers?!?
    By kcook323 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 10:13 PM

Search tags for this page

android holder for running

,

android phone holder for running

,
best way to carry smartphone while running
,
best way to run with phone
,

droid holder for running

,

how to carry phone while running

,
how to carry smartphone while running
,

running smartphone holder

,
smartphone holder for runners
,

smartphone holder for running

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+