I set up my Pop3 work account and all the settings are correct and double checked. When I get a message in Outlook (set up to leave messages on the server) I always get the Droid email alert within the set download time of 10 minutes, however the new messages never get to the Droid. I get a message on the screen saying "downloading messages" but they don't arrive. Since that time I did receive two messages from me where I cc'd myself and they downloaded. This mail client seems to have a selective download.
Also when I am in a message, there is often a delay before the "go back" or "home" buttons react, but this only happens in messaging.