DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Got my Moto Droid now I want AT&T

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 VII 7 View Post
    So I was wondering what I can do to get a better deal with Verizon.

I currently have a 20% off with my company with Verizon and I pay $79 a month for data plan, 450 mins and unlimited text.

I am adding my wife to the plan and it shoots up to $180 a month!

Well I did some talking and some configuration of a plan at AT&T for the same 700 mins with rollover and after an 18% discount through my company it is $100 a month for both lines, 2GB data and unlimited txt!

I am really thinking of going over to save $80 a month and get the new iPhone 4. But what can I tell Verizon so they can match that price of AT&T or am I pretty much screwed?

My plan ends 02/04/2012

Any help would be great. I guess I would have to pay the cancel fee to of $400 on top of all that unless you guys know a loop hole.
    your doing better then me. I got 450 minutes unlimited data and text and even with my 22% discount with UPS my bill still hits $94.50 a month after taxes
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

cost of iphone

Not sure where you got the $100 figure but for 2 iphones with 2gb packages, unlimited monthly text, 700 minutes - your 18% discount is closer to $123 a month. Factor in the cost of 2 new phones + ETF to verizon + no insurance available for iphones + the additional fees if you go over your data ( which is currently unlimited with VZ and will stay that way even if they do change their rates as long as you don't change your plan till the end of your current agreement ). All in all your looking to turn over $900 - $1000 initially just to change carriers ( EFT, Phones, 1st month + any pro rated charges ). Not an iphone hater but if your looking to save money right now I don't see it happening at the moment. If you really want to jump ship what until your contract expires then you might save yourself $10-$20 a month as long as you stay within the guidelines of your data and don't ever need to replace your phone due to damage ( with no insurance a new phone will cost around $500 )
  3. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    I live in the bay area and had AT&T for years before i switched to Verizon last Nov.

I never had a dropped call or crappy service anywhere. However, i didn't have a data phone and had no 3g experience with them, but my signal never died or anything like that. This is my first 3g phone and i notice some spotty areas around where i live (like going 2 miles one way i'm down to 1x instead of 3g)

It's most likely the newer phone, compared to my old HTC Tilt, but the call clarity is much better on the Droid.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Re: Got my Moto Droid now I want AT&T

So I was wondering what I can do to get a better deal with Verizon.

I currently have a 20% off with my company with Verizon and I pay $79 a month for
    your doing better then me. I got 450 minutes unlimited data and text and even with my 22% discount with UPS my bill still hits $94.50 a month after taxes
    Does Verizon have a college student discount because I'm paying nearly 105 dollars a month as it is now. I could really use the savings and I remember at&t had a 15% discount if you have a college email address.

Sent from my Droid
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by justin82 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    What are you talking about.. you might want to redo your math.

Verizon 700 Minute Talk and Text Plan is 99.99 for the first two lines. Add two unlimited Data plans @ 29.99 each.

Thats $160.00 with your 20% discount it will be 140$
    i have 2 droids and we had the 700 minute plan and it came to right at 180 a month including insurance on both phones. (assuming op has insurance on his phones) but that would be pre discount i only get 12% through my business..
    I can see that with insurance and taxes. But ATT is not really any cheaper than Verizon. Their voice plans nearly miror one another price wise. You will save 5$ per line with the cheaper data. But wait untill you see all the iPhone users posting all over the place about how large thier bills are when they go over.
    No AT&T is no that much cheaper. i would stick with verizon with the unlimeted data plan for now... as long as it is offered anyway.. dont know if i am correct or not but largest data plan with AT&T is 2GB??
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I would much rather burn bridges with apple then make them apple sucks AT&T Suck and the Iphone is a second rate piece of crap... but back to the matter at hand AT&T may have the cheaper plan but say you got injured in a remote area and you could only make one phone call to 911 would you rather have you call droped by AT&T or have it revived bye Verizon hay its your funeral and you money im just the guy who makes suggestions
    What under the hood
    Phone:Moto Droid
    Rom: anything Froyo
    Theme: DARK EDGE
    kernel: idk but its fast
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    i had att for 5 years, had the original iphone, the 3g and the 3gs along with a handful of other att phones. never had an issue with their service. if you live in a populated area or around a metropolitian area, you will be fine. it is cheaper on att than verizon i will say... about $25 a month cheaper if you have the same setup like i have now.

for me, it was a matter of me wanting to be on the same network as the woman and all my friends and family have verizon so it just made more sense...
    BB v.4 <-----Strongest Rom for me yet!
    Chevy 1.25ghz LV kernal
    ClockworkMod Recovery
    Nexthemed

Thanks to all the developers for creating all these great little add-ons. Without all of you, we'd be left in the dark...
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

cost of iphone

I forgot to add the cost of apps ( most of which you will pay for on the apple market where you can get most free on android ) and the cost of crummy reception, limited service areas ( that much tylenol costs a lot of money )
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have 2 Droids, both have insurance. 700 shared minutes and unlimited txt and data on both phones and a 25% discount. It's $160 a month.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by cnul8rguys View Post
    if you live in a populated area or around a metropolitian area, you will be fine.
    Coverage varies despite what the fanboys and marketing tell you. I live in a major city and even the major carriers have holes. Always check real world coverage where you need it -- especially if you're in the first 30 days with a new carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_3.0 View Post
    im just the guy who makes suggestions
    Please make them with actual sentences. Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links