DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Motorokr S9-HD Questions

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    ukyfan_1999
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Premium Member

Motorokr S9-HD Questions

OK, I just bought a new set of headphones since I was having some issues with the Rocketfish ones I had, but I have a few questions if y’all don’t mind.

1.On my old phones when I paired a BT I always had to enter “0000” to pair them, but with my Droid I never have to do that
    2.I have paired my Motorokr and listening to Pandora, but I cannot skip, pause, or change the volume. I know this is not correct. I press one of the buttons and all I get is a double beeping sound. I get it for any of the actions I am trying to do. Am I doing something wrong here?

Does this smell like chloroform to you?

Current: Galaxy Nexus
    Semi Retired: HTC Thunderbolt
    Semi Retired: Motorola Droid
    Retired: HTC Touch Pro
    Retired: HTC VX-6700
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    I'm pretty sure i have the same headset I love 'em! Works great at the gym

..okay...
    1) Don't see the question (I've never had to type anything in to pair anything - and I have two devices paired to my motoDROID)

2) I haven't tried the pausing or skipping with Pandora, but the volume always has worked for me - with the default music app and Audible as well. I did have some issues now and again where audio still plays from the phone (on 3rd party apps) as oppose thru the headset...i just turn the headset off and back on and that usually fixes the "issues" that I might run into.

::EDIT:: I've been able to adjust the volume with both the Droid volume rocker, and the volume buttons on the headset - I've found that toggling between the two helps eliminate some hiss that might exist..
    "Never look where you are going, always look where you want to go."

Galaxy Nexus

ICSourcery - It's Delicious Ice Cream Magic
    My Gimpy OG Droid is now officially a glorified alarm clock / potential media player (running Sourcery)
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    ukyfan_1999
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by techRob View Post
    I'm pretty sure i have the same headset I love 'em! Works great at the gym

..okay...
    1) Don't see the question (I've never had to type anything in to pair anything - and I have two devices paired to my motoDROID)
    I meant to ask if it was normal not to enter a security code when pairing a device? Anyway, works for me that I don't need to.

2) I haven't tried the pausing or skipping with Pandora, but the volume always has worked for me - with the default music app and Audible as well. I did have some issues now and again where audio still plays from the phone (on 3rd party apps) as oppose thru the headset...i just turn the headset off and back on and that usually fixes the "issues" that I might run into.
    Well I turned it off and back on. I can adjust the volume now, but I still can't pause. I will play more with it and see just what the heck I am doing wrong.

4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have the same headphones and every so often it will ask me for a pairing code but usually they just connect right up. As far as Pandora I am able to use all the headset features. Although occasionally when streaming through Pandora if I try to skip a song it will also open the stock music player and play my mp3's which is pretty annoying.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    ukyfan_1999
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    OK, tried turning it off and back on again, and now I can skip. OK, I haven't used stereo BT till I got this phone, but man this is confusing to me. Anyway it's working now.

6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Motorokr s9

I got a MOTOROKR S9 headphones today and do I think they could be better...maybe but i have an issue...music plays great, calls are through one ear..is this normal?

what is the fix? I am running a Motorola droid and I dont see anything to change on the phone
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by newpctech View Post
    I got a MOTOROKR S9 headphones today and do I think they could be better...maybe but i have an issue...music plays great, calls are through one ear..is this normal?

what is the fix? I am running a Motorola droid and I dont see anything to change on the phone
    This is by design. Every phone headset, plugin or stero only plays calls in one ear. It is so that you can legally where them for calls while driving (although with the ROKR there is no easy way to pull out the non active one from your ear to show that you are driving legally (can't where headsets in the car in every state), but if you are only using the phone and not listening to music, then you are technically, if not obviously, legal.

Alan
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    For the first question of the OP. New BT capable devices (phones, BT stacks on computers, etc...) will automatically try 0000 and 1111 before asking for the code since most headsets use one or the other of those codes.

Alan

Links