DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think the Droid X will one up Apple on June 23rd?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RoboDROID

Anyone else think the Droid X will one up Apple on June 23rd?

I am not talking about being announced by Verizon...what I am thinking is that Motorola/Verizon would have the golden opportunity to fire a kill shot at the new I-phone.

If the Droid X actually comes up for sale on June 23rd a day before the Iphone is ready to ship especially with all the ordering problems and now mysterious pre-order cancellations it could steal the spotlight and some customers. Just a thought but there are accessories already popping up for sale on the web, I even saw a mention of accessory delivery available on June 23rd...coincidence????
    RubiX Beta by Drod2169
    Yes it's Fast!!

Android has the best developers!

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Verizon stores may be somewhat more crowded on Wednesday. There will be lines around the block just trying to get into Apple stores on Thursday.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    IMHO Droid has already 1 upped it. The only reason that iPhone is more popular is the fact that most people who buy iPhones aren't well educated as to what they are purchasing.

And for a lot of people that's a good thing. Simple and uncomplicated, the iPhone leaves very little room for innovation beyond what your purchased.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    There are lines outside of the apple stores because they are exclusive places to purchase apple products. If the was exclusive "Droid stores " I think you would see longer lines too. Anywho, I agree with hook. Droid has already 1up'd apple. Phone to phone the Droid X owns the iPhone.
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    IMHO Droid has already 1 upped it. The only reason that iPhone is more popular is the fact that most people who buy iPhones aren't well educated as to what they are purchasing.

And for a lot of people that's a good thing. Simple and uncomplicated, the iPhone leaves very little room for innovation beyond what your purchased.
    Yup. And that's why MS-DOS is so superior to Windows.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

This echoes my sentiments exactly. Any high end Android device beyond the original Moto Droid, we'll call it Droid +1, is more or less icing on the cake. The Droid itself being 7 months old still one ups the iPhone.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    But this is what is so brilliant about what Jobs has done. Mainstream media will be covering the IPhone frenzy. To you average non-smartphone user, they know IPhone but probably just associate Droid with "those weird commercials".

The amazing thing about Droid to me - my first smartphone and NEVER though I'd kill so much time playing with it - is the stuff I can do that is useful and I never imagined possible or knew I needed it.

The way I'd describe it, I think the IPhone will surprise and excite the average amateur smartphone hack. The Droid can WOW you, but you sort of have to work to earn it.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    But this is what is so brilliant about what Jobs has done. Mainstream media will be covering the IPhone frenzy. To you average non-smartphone user, they know IPhone but probably just associate Droid with "those weird commercials".

The amazing thing about Droid to me - my first smartphone and NEVER though I'd kill so much time playing with it - is the stuff I can do that is useful and I never imagined possible or knew I needed it.

The way I'd describe it, I think the IPhone will surprise and excite the average amateur smartphone hack. The Droid can WOW you, but you sort of have to work to earn it.
    The thing with the Droid is not only can it WOW you but it also continues to WOW you month after month. There isn't a week that goes by that I haven't found something new to do with it that is actually useful/helpful. For that matter a new app that comes out that does something I never knew could be done, for instance TiKL push to talk. Lastly if you are rooted it opens up even more exciting a new prospects for the hardware and software. Droid is a device that just keeps on giving and when you thought it gave it all... WHAM! It's got more.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    The thing with the Droid is not only can it WOW you but it also continues to WOW you month after month. There isn't a week that goes by that I haven't found something new to do with it that is actually useful/helpful. For that matter a new app that comes out that does something I never knew could be done, for instance TiKL push to talk. Lastly if you are rooted it opens up even more exciting a new prospects for the hardware and software. Droid is a device that just keeps on giving and when you thought it gave it all... WHAM! It's got more.
    Yeah, flash is cool...And I'm loving the widgets that integrate mail and calendars. LOVE my RSS widgets, though they could be better. To me widgets are a major part of the whole smartphone experience - I've kept an outlook window with message previews open on my computer for years.

LOL, the news was talking about the IP4, and they said "new folders for your apps!". Really? What a joke. I have "hot buttons" launching sub-folder of apps that automatically shut the other folder. And they could scroll if I so choose.

If I could just get my free VoIP working properly then it would truly be amazing.
  11. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    IMO apple is already a thing of the past. Too bad there are so many iFans (including the media) that will keep pushing and buying the new stuff...

I love my Moto Droid still and don't feel the need to upgrade. I just can't believe how my phone evolved from the time I got it. It's now so much faster, smoother, can do more, and even runs flash. Android is ever evolving, so thats why I think the iPhone is done for...
    The Mooooooon!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links