DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help! New Droid has a mind of its own!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Please help! New Droid has a mind of its own!

I just got my droid a week ago. Its not the incredible its the model before that (I'm sorry I am not tech savy whatsoever). My phone will freeze up and if I try to bring down the menu thing it will freak out and scroll up and down really fast on its own. When I was talking on it today it was pressing buttons on its own (I wascalling my power company and trying to enter my account number and it just started pressing random buttons). I have tried removing the battery. I have been to the verizon store twice and we removed all of the apps I downloaded but nothing is helping. It seems to me that someone has hacked into my phone and is messing with it. Please help me. Thanks

And to the people that said I need an adjustment period with my phone- even though I am not tech savvy I know for a fact that this is not normal. (I'm not that stupid lol). We actually have two droids and the other one works perfectly fine. Its not normal to have an incoming call and not be able to answer it because the buttons won't work. And its not normal for your screen to just start flipping out and bringing up the menu over and over. But thank you for your replies, I appreciate your help.
    Last edited by randi; 06-21-2010 at 06:19 PM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by randi View Post
    I just got my droid a week ago. Its not the incredible its the model before that (I'm sorry I am not tech savy whatsoever). My phone will freeze up and if I try to bring down the menu thing it will freak out and scroll up and down really fast on its own. When I was talking on it today it was pressing buttons on its own (I wascalling my power company and trying to enter my account number and it just started pressing random buttons). I have tried removing the battery. I have been to the verizon store twice and we removed all of the apps I downloaded but nothing is helping. It seems to me that someone has hacked into my phone and is messing with it. Please help me. Thanks
    If its not rooted, it most likely is not a virus(I haven't even heard of a virus for mobile phones), and also for someone to hack into your phone, you'd need to be rooted. Its probably a screen(hardware) issue.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    D1, D2, DX,TBolt, Galaxy Nexus
    I think things will calm down after you have an adjustment period with your phone.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randi View Post
    Your first issue is yourself, and I don't say that to be unkind. Droid takes sometime to get use to and by your own admission you are not tech savvy.

Pressing button on it's own? If the sensor is working correctly your screen will turn black while you talk on the phone. Test this by starting the phone and put your finger up to the numeric page. if it turns black, the sensor is working properly. If not then you may have an issue with the phone.

Also try doing a factory data reset out of the privacy screen. That will clean out all your junk. Before dong this make sure you have signed into gmail and make sure you see all your contacts. When your phone syncs your contacts will be returned, and your apps should be in your downloads.

Good luck.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID
    I had a very similar issue. I have heard this from many people so it seems to be an issue with the droids themselves. It is almost like a sensor in the screen bugs out. Verizon will replace the phone under warranty for free if you take it in to them (myself and 2 friends have had the same issue).
  7. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen View Post
    I think things will calm down after you have an adjustment period with your phone.

Agree.. sounds like what was happening (And still sometimes does lol) when I got my phone. Takes some adjustment to get used to how to efficiently do things with it.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Actually, with 2.1 I would have all sorts of weirdness with me clicking in one part of the screen, and it registering the click as being on the opposite side. I never quite figured out what it was, it happened just enough to be slightly irritating but not enough to make me do anything about it.
    The 2.2 upgrade seems to have fixed that problem.
    I've also heard some of my friends that had a screen protector that was poorly installed having issues like that as well, if it is bubbled or peeling.
    HTC Rezound... Stock for now, with the Tag Home launcher...
    This link here will answer 90% of your issues: Click Me!

Quote Originally Posted by jntowers
    12 mp camera? are we going to be putting these pictures on billboards?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

Mind of it' own

Just experienced it for the third time in 6 mo, unable to access some icons or it accessing whatever it wanted. Went to Verizon-new phone coming tomorrow. Does appear to be sensor related.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    I had this same issue with the Eris the 1st week I had it. I took it back to the store and they replaced it with another Eris. Less than a week later the 2nd one started doing it as well. I took it back to a different Verizon store and the guy there said it was a known issue and that he had seen a few come back.

I decide to try the LG Ally and so far, so good.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Happened to me this morning. Screen went crazy like I was clicking all over it. Apps were opening and closing by themselves. I noticed the battery was very low when it occurred. Most of us have read of seeing the same behavior when using a cheap knock-off charger. I think my problem was related as perhaps my phone wasn't getting the voltage it needed. I popped in another fully charged battery and all was well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links