DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which 2.2 ROM is the best, What are you guys using?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Which 2.2 ROM is the best, What are you guys using?

Hey guys I'm currently running BBv.0.21 Froyo 2.2 with P3Droid 1.1 Ghz Kernel, Blue Themed and I gotta say it's running pretty well.

I just wanted to know what 2.2 ROMs is everyone using and if everyone has tried multiple ROMS and which ones do you find better. Just curious to see if there is a better ROM then the one I'm currently running.

I am HAPPY, but if there is better I always like to have the best. I really don't feel like keep wiping and re-installing all the ROMS and having to keep installing apps and all this other stuff, just too time consuming so I wanted to know your feed back. Thanks!

Droid X
  2. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Lots of talk on this, but I still have to say I am a big fan of BD's hard work. At the moment I think UD-Froyo eXtreme RC2 is hot. Always so many nice options... Just wait till the source is released tho...

I am running P3 1100, but Chevy is making some very nice Kernels too, love them...
    The Mooooooon!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by icculusX View Post
    Lots of talk on this, but I still have to say I am a big fan of BD's hard work. At the moment I think UD-Froyo eXtreme RC2 is hot. Always so many nice options... Just wait till the source is released tho...

I am running P3 1100, but Chevy is making some very nice Kernels too, love them...
    Yeah since i'm having such great success with BB v.0.21 and with a nice Bluethemed then I probably will not switch until the official source is released and then people make new ROMS based on that. I'm sure it will run way better "assuming".

Droid X
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    R2D2 Droid 2
    I'm running BB v.01 with the Iron man theme. Freaking love that theme it is so beautiful. I tried SS, but I had too many problems with it.
    May the light of the Keywork guide you.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioKilgannon View Post
    I'm running BB v.01 with the Iron man theme. Freaking love that theme it is so beautiful. I tried SS, but I had too many problems with it.
    IRON MAN? I'm running Blue Themed and have not seen what the IRON MAN looks like. Do you have any pics or is there a place I can preview pics?

Droid X
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid

Re: Which 2.2 ROM is the best, What are you guys using?

Running JRummy Kangerade with Chevy's lv1ghz kernel. I ran Chevy's SS 4.1 before this and it was great but I love jrummy's default font....for some reason I type better/faster with it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1- rooted
    Jrummy's Kangerade Red with a P3 1000 LV kernel. Sweeter Home for a home screen replacement and customer launcher (although what he put in the ROM is totally brilliant).

Love Pete's work, but this one is running and working out better for me.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I just rooted yesterday and put on SS4.1 with Chevy's lv 1Ghz kernel and smoked glass theme. I love it, BUT my battery is getting EATEN UP. I can't go for more than a couple hours without the whole phone being totally drained. I'm also using UltimateJuice and it setup correctly and is doing its thing, but something is crushing my battery and I'm not really sure what it is.

I paid for Set CPU although I'm not sure exactly how its used. If the max is set to 1Ghz, min at 250Mhz, and "on demand" checked, my battery gets eaten up. Anybody else having a problem or have an idea whats goin on? I thought this ROM and this kernel would give me great battery life but i just dont know whats going on.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1- rooted
    [QUOTE=droiduser1595;568313
    I paid for Set CPU although I'm not sure exactly how its used. If the max is set to 1Ghz, min at 250Mhz, and "on demand" checked, my battery gets eaten up. Anybody else having a problem or have an idea whats goin on? I thought this ROM and this kernel would give me great battery life but i just dont know whats going on.[/QUOTE]

You should read this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...ing-101-a.html

It's long, but make time-it's worth it. It will go through all of the ins and outs of using SetCPU and help you understand what's really going on in your phone with this stuff.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by droiduser1595 View Post
    I just rooted yesterday and put on SS4.1 with Chevy's lv 1Ghz kernel and smoked glass theme. I love it, BUT my battery is getting EATEN UP. I can't go for more than a couple hours without the whole phone being totally drained. I'm also using UltimateJuice and it setup correctly and is doing its thing, but something is crushing my battery and I'm not really sure what it is.

I paid for Set CPU although I'm not sure exactly how its used. If the max is set to 1Ghz, min at 250Mhz, and "on demand" checked, my battery gets eaten up. Anybody else having a problem or have an idea whats goin on? I thought this ROM and this kernel would give me great battery life but i just dont know whats going on.
    I have great battery life with 1.1 ghz p3 kernel and bbv.0.21 running froyo 2.2 and setcpu. I have mine set at 1.1ghz max and 250 min on demand as well. Also under profiles go to Sleep/Standby and set min and max to 250. I believe what that does is when your screen is black on standby its only clock at 250 saving battery life. Some kernels kill you battery life you gotta try other ones. Also check your apps make sure you did not install any new apps that has a crazy refreh interval like twitter and facebook every 15 mins or whatever and weather apps which will result to a massive battery drain.

Droid X
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links