DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Screen orientation will not change

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by moozicmon View Post
    I need to set the record straight here. The home screen DID rotate to landscape mode when the phone turned. It does not do this anymore due to an OTA update or software glitch of some sort.

I purchased my phone 11/9 and I specifically remember the home screen changing orientation based on the the way the phone was held. About a week later or so, I noticed that the phone no longer would do this.

In short, the phone CAN and DID perform this function, Motorola chose to limit this for some reason...which I would LOVE to find out
    Nope. Sorry, you're wrong. It does not rotate to landscape mode on the home screen with the keyboard closed. You can spin it till you turn pink and it'll stay the same.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hodie View Post
    I need to set the record straight here. The home screen DID rotate to landscape mode when the phone turned. It does not do this anymore due to an OTA update or software glitch of some sort.

I purchased my phone 11/9 and I specifically remember the home screen changing orientation based on the the way the phone was held. About a week later or so, I noticed that the phone no longer would do this.

In short, the phone CAN and DID perform this function, Motorola chose to limit this for some reason...which I would LOVE to find out
    Nope. Sorry, you're wrong. It does not rotate to landscape mode on the home screen with the keyboard closed. You can spin it till you turn pink and it'll stay the same.
    +1 ... it will rotate in the settings menu and other apps with the keyboard closed but not on the home screen.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Nope. Sorry, YOU'RE wrong. Do a search of the web and you will see many users are reporting that the phone will still rotate the home screen in landscape mode. Not to mention you will see many threads lamenting the fact that the phone USED to perform this function, however now stays locked in portrait.

Need more proof?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTYYQtxZ_k[/ame]
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    +1 ... it will rotate in the settings menu and other apps with the keyboard closed but not on the home screen.
    Orientation / Accelerometer Problems - Android Forums

I beg to differ.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Panda home does that, like in that guy's video. The stock 2.0 does not, and NEVER DID do that.
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1570 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post

I beg to differ.
    that pic is bogus and can be duplicated by anyone right now. Here's how.

Pull out your keyboard and wait for device to orientate itself into landscape mode.

Close it quickly......notice there is a slight lag before the screen reorientates itself again. Thats when the pic was taken. It's a "fake"

Lets put this issue to rest. This has already been addressed on Motorolas Support forum and an employee of Moto confirmed this is not a function of the OS. Never was.....

This thread reminds me of another thread in here where people swear there was no line on the lock screen and a silent update must have went out.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member

Nope. Sorry, YOU'RE wrong. Do a search of the web and you will see many users are reporting that the phone will still rotate the home screen in landscape mode. Not to mention you will see many threads lamenting the fact that the phone USED to perform this function, however now stays locked in portrait.

Need more proof?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTYYQtxZ_k[/ame]
    cuz people post it doesn't make it true. facts make things true.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by brianr0131 View Post
    Panda home does that, like in that guy's video. The stock 2.0 does not, and NEVER DID do that.
    Well then that means me and the people in these forums must just be insane then.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/73269

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ientation.html

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Problem with home screen rotating on Motorola Droid

Home Screen Rotate - At Least For Me - Android Central Forums

not to mention this Motorola rep has lost his mind as well...

"Dear Jeremy,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. Iíve reviewed your e-mail and Iím ready to help.

Regarding your concern, please note that i have been doing further researches regarding our yesterday's chat session and the Droid will temporarily not be changing the display mode with the slide closed. This modification is due to the last software update that was sent to this phones. I already forwarded the information on order for the people that takes care of this to be aware of this change and start working on this for the next software update. I do really apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and I really appreciate your interest in this product and the help you have been for us.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola chat support.

Best Regards,

Federico F."

-Cheers

That is a whole lot of people saying the EXACT same thing...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Well then that means me and the people in these forums must just be insane then
    If the shoe fits.....

The guy from Motorola can't even speak english. There was no secret update to make your phone stop rotating. I got mine on day 1 and it NEVER did it.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by brianr0131 View Post
    Well then that means me and the people in these forums must just be insane then
    If the shoe fits.....

The guy from Motorola can't even speak english. There was no secret update to make your phone stop rotating. I got mine on day 1 and it NEVER did it.
    Ah, didn't realize speaking English was a requirement to work as a Motorola chat support agent...

I suppose these DEVELOPERS in the Android Code forum also have no idea what they are talking about... Issue 4712 - android - Droid does not rotate home screen outside of applications - Project Hosting on Google Code

When I bought my Motorola Droid the home screen and contacts list would
    automatically rotate when I turned the phone to landscape orientation. Now
    it doesn't do that except inside applications.

I have verified that the option is enabled under settings. Turning it
    on/off doesn't fix it. Factory reset doesn't fix it. Rebooting the phone
    and taking out the battery doesn't resolve the issue either.

It happened after I filled up my home screen with shortcuts. It worked
    fine for 2 days (starting the 9th and ending the 11th) and the it stopped
    functioning. Many others have this problem and there is a incorrectly
    categorized issue about it (category: enhancement).

Issue 4555 - android - android 2.0 home screen wont rotate with keyboard closed except when in car mode - Project Hosting on Google Code

This is a bug, not an enhancement request

I also am having the same issue, my home screen would rotate automaticaly when I
    bought the phone, but stopped after about an hour.

I am having the same issue. I noticed it 2 days ago and not sure why the screen does
    not rotate anymore?

Mine also stopped doing this after a day or so.

Same here. I'm going to return my phone if they don't come up with a fix soon

Same thing with my phone , motorola droid.

Same issue homepage auto rotated fine for 1 or 2 days but doesn't work any longer, most
    likely after adding a few shortcuts

I'm sorry but "My phone never did that" doesn't exactly invalidate the concern of a bunch of individuals working with the code of Android...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links