DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sirius on Droid- why pay when i have a online account

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID
    A better question is, why can't I sign up for an account and pay ONLY $2.99/mo to listen to it on my Droid? They make you pay for a basic subscription, which is stupid.
    Starting over again... stock unrooted Droid with 2.1 update 1. Nothing fancy.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    You don't have to pay to listen online. The $2.99 is if you want to upgrade the stream to near CD quality sound (128K). I am a lifetime subscriber to Sirius, have been for 5 years and can listen online, in fact, I am listening online right now.

I don't pay for the option to listen online. Whenever I launch the player, I get an option to upgrade to Sirius Internet Radio for $2.99 per month.

I haven't tried the Sirius app on my Droid, but I imagine it would not work since I have not upgraded the Sirius Internet. You can still listen on a computer to a less than 128K stream.

Edit: forgot to mention that the $2.99 would also allow you to listen on your Droid. As long as you are already a subscriber you can stream the less than 128K stream for free on a computer.
    Last edited by vthokies1996; 06-17-2010 at 09:16 AM.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    That is the best question I have heard in a long time, FTFTW. What is the downside for them to offer this? I can't see anybody paying for a subscription and then an additional 2.99 to only listen with the Droid.
    --Robert

"Peace through superior firepower" requires actual firepower, not just a trite bumper sticker.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    iPhone 3GS
    The additional $2.99 allows you to listen from anywhere with internet access (though only one place at a time). Droid, Computer, iPhone, Blackberry, iPod Touch, you name it.

I'll pay it. In fact, the app actually got me back into Sirius radio and I just purchased a new radio to install in my car.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    That is great for you, since you wanted a radio in your car. Why don't they allow you to just buy the $2.99 listen-online as a stand alone item? Seems like it would be a fairly big market.
    --Robert

"Peace through superior firepower" requires actual firepower, not just a trite bumper sticker.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vthokies1996 View Post
    You don't have to pay to listen online. The $2.99 is if you want to upgrade the stream to near CD quality sound (128K). I am a lifetime subscriber to Sirius, have been for 5 years and can listen online, in fact, I am listening online right now.

I don't pay for the option to listen online. Whenever I launch the player, I get an option to upgrade to Sirius Internet Radio for $2.99 per month.

I haven't tried the Sirius app on my Droid, but I imagine it would not work since I have not upgraded the Sirius Internet. You can still listen on a computer to a less than 128K stream.

Edit: forgot to mention that the $2.99 would also allow you to listen on your Droid. As long as you are already a subscriber you can stream the less than 128K stream for free on a computer.
    You might be a lifetime subscriber and maybe you are getting Sirius for free on the internet, but nobody else can. I've been subscribing for 5 years also and I can't get it on line anymore because I turned down the 2.99 per month payment for the on line service. I am not a lifetime subscriber. That may be why you get it for free.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanthecat View Post
    That is great for you, since you wanted a radio in your car. Why don't they allow you to just buy the $2.99 listen-online as a stand alone item? Seems like it would be a fairly big market.
    I would agree with you, but it's all about the dollar. The $2.99 price is only if you already have a subscription, otherwise it's $12.95. I was pumped thinking I could get the internet radio for $3/mo, but then I called and was told the full price (which I didn't see until later on their website).

I didn't initially want the radio in my car. I cancelled Sirius 2 years ago after they dumped a bunch of the shows I listened to and re-arranged others with the merger; but the past few weeks changed my mind and I ordered a Sportster 5 (which is $50 if you're already a subscriber, $170 if you're not as long as you sign up for at least 3 months).
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855 Motorola Droid

Re: Sirius on Droid- why pay when i have a online account

When l got my lifetime subscription I had to ask for online access because it was not included and that is not the premium, if I want the premium I have to pay the $2.99 a month

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanthecat View Post
    Why should they? It's all about the $$$....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Why should they? It's all about the $$$...
    I agree with that completely. Seems if they offered an online only version they would get even more subscribers, and if they liked the service they may upgrade to a radio in the future.
    --Robert

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links