Incredible to DroidX?
I've had my Incredible for about a week and a half and am considering returning it within the 30 day period and upgrading to the Droid X when it becomes available next month. Here are the issues:
1. The Incredible's touch buttons are too sensitive and I'm always activating them inadvertently. The Droid X will have real buttons.
2. The Incredible's OLED display is bad news in direct sunlight. I like to run golf GPS app when on the course and it's tough to read. My Storm 1's display was much better in that regard and the Droid X should be better as well.
3. The Incredible's battery life is poor. I can't get thru a full day. I do play with it a lot, but that's why I got this toy.
4. Having experienced browsers in the Android world, I now want a bigger screen. It will make typing in portrait mode easier too as the keys will be bigger.
5. The one thing I'm concerned about is the lack of a trackball/trackpad on the Droid X. I found it handy for precise cursor control when editing. How big a deal is that?
The Incredible's been a great introduction to Android and, to me, it really is a great improvement over the Storm, even though I don't get Google's contact management scheme (can't sort by last name - huh?).
I'd appreciate comments, particularly on item 5.
First and foremost are u past your 30 days?
No, as I stated in the introduction, I've only had it a week and a half.
Originally Posted by soba1
Sorry; I overlooked it. What I would do then play with for a while then return it before your 30 days are up. When the DroidX comes out u can give that a try. The DroidX is scheduled to release on 7/19. So u will not
Originally Posted by raduray
have gotten another phone within the 30 day time frame. That way you
will be able to see which one u like best. But remember this
if u get the DroidX and go back to the Inc within that 30 day time frame
you will be stuck with the Inc..
Hope that helps.