DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Have to give back my Droid?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    This is not their regular customer service. This is their executive offices that have nothing to do with sales. They don't actually even handle customer service, really.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by thelion View Post
    This is not their regular customer service.
    I should hope not! I'm not used to dealing with Verizon and didn't get here by choice but rather merger. My provider of choice was Alltel so I kind of got swept up in the Verizon-Alltel merger.

If I'd have been in the part of Alltel that got sent to AT&T I'd have flat out bailed and went with Sprint or T-Mobile. Probably Sprint because I've been with them before and they've got good outlying coverage, just not quite as good as Verizons but way better than All Territory Terrible.

My work cell is with Nextel because the powers that be like the PTT feature, but the stupid Nextel doesn't work on a lot of the remote areas I work in so I wind up using my personal cell about half the time I'm in the field because the Nextel has gone into paperweight mode.

This is their executive offices that have nothing to do with sales.
    Except that without sales their paychecks dry up.

They don't actually even handle customer service, really.
    Maybe they should start before they get a bad reputation for not even handling customer service.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Clearly you are confused.

They have offices for customer service. Those were open yesterday. The offices I directed him to (that did not answer) were offices that include payroll, the CEO, public relations etc etc. Executive offices. Nearly every company shuts down their executive offices on Black Friday.

Of course sales and customer service were open. Don't be silly.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Clearly you are confused.

They have offices for customer service. Those were open yesterday. The offices I directed him to (that did not answer) were offices that include payroll, the CEO, public relations etc etc. Executive offices. Nearly every company shuts down their executive offices on Black Friday.

Of course sales and customer service were open. Don't be silly.
    Yeah, I guess I am confused. I thought Verizon's policy was that everybody in the company was into customer service, and here's the reason why...

A friend of mine, a guy I golf with and go to bars with and such, he's a technician for Verizon and he works on their infrastructure, the towers and such that make the phones work.

I showed him my Droid and his first comment was "Thanks for paying my bonus, buddy!" and then went on to say that Verizon was trying to get everybody, even guys like him that hardly ever see a customer to learn about the Droid and even get one. This is to help customer service because Verizon employees are expected to know Verizon products, even the backbone guys that you never see, know or think about.

I do the same kind of job myself, although I work on a different kind of communications network (public safety, 911 type stuff based on Motorola Smartzone gear) and I rarely see customers but I know for a fact that the minute I tell my boss I'm not doing customer service I'll be shown the door.

Everybody in a business that serves customers needs to do customer service and take it seriously. Especially these days when businesses are dropping like flies.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by helter View Post
    Call corporate. They can and will resolve this.

I called several numbers today. Direct lines to higher ups. Left message, it would appear everyone is off today unless I hear back from them. Will try again on monday

Well I got a hold of a higher up today. They took care of the problem and I am keeping the Droid

The person I spoke to though said I didn't follow the esculation process by going straight to her( the top) to resolve the issue.
    Like I wanted to spend a week talking to a lot of supervisors.

But over all I am very happy and like someone stated earlier if you speak to the right person you can get the issue resolved
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links