DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Voice Dialing for bluetooth

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Voice Dialing for bluetooth

an app is available in case no one has head..in the market called voice dialer Hf..costs like 3.99...haven't tried myself but lemme know how it works..thanks
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Yeah something inside me just doesn't want to pay 3.99 for something that should be standard on a phone.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Well, whether it should be standard or not is a debate you can have but since it's not standard and if you want the functionality then get the app. After all if it doesn't fit your needs you can return it within 24 hours and get your refund via the market...
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    434-260-0312
    it works great so far. I bought it today. You can use it in unison with "button shortcut" to use the camera button on the phone (long press) to activate voice dialing...then it will talk you through everything and you won't have to press buttons..) Still nto the same as using my jawbone though :-(
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    434-260-0312
    Any way to make it go from "listening" to "processing" quicker? It takes forever...if i say it twice, it goes to processing right away..this is weird...
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    We released a major update to Voice Dialer HF today that resolves several slow processing issues, among others. Hopefully this includes the issue pastortommy saw.

Details here.

Regards,
    DFXmobile
  7. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFXmobile View Post
    We released a major update to Voice Dialer HF today that resolves several slow processing issues, among others. Hopefully this includes the issue pastortommy saw.

Details here.

Regards,
    DFXmobile
    Yes it did, it is much faster, and certainly faster than the native crappy dialer.

Oddly enough the native voice dialer has never EVER recognized my wife's name when I use it (Jeannie), BUT Voice Dialer HF NAILS IT every single time.. EVEN when the phone is 20 feet away!!

This program is a must have for the Droid if you want Voice dialing, PLUS it responds back with voice to confirm your selection, as it should instead of waiting for another tap To pick from the long list because it didn't really understand you, or wait for a timeout on the selection like the native app.

Even with my redneck southern accent it gets it right time after time, kudos to these guys..

Motorola/Google/Verizon should write them a BIG check and make Voice Dialer HF the native app instead of the crap they used!!!
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Just downloaded and installed Voice Dialer HF and initial tests worked well. One question - I use Touchdown for email access and when I try to "Open Touchdown" it only finds "Touchdown Pro" which is the license site/link and it does not recognize another "Touchdown" although there is another Touchdown application on the apps page. Any suggestions on what the app might need to differentiate to find the Touchdown home?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    Just downloaded and installed Voice Dialer HF and initial tests worked well. One question - I use Touchdown for email access and when I try to "Open Touchdown" it only finds "Touchdown Pro" which is the license site/link and it does not recognize another "Touchdown" although there is another Touchdown application on the apps page. Any suggestions on what the app might need to differentiate to find the Touchdown home?
    The short answer: Please ask the Touchdown developers to list their LAUNCHER activity name and any VOICE_LAUNCH activitiy names for their app.

The long answer is posted over here.

Regards,
    DFXmobile
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

garmin nuvi and bluetooth

will voice dialer hf allow me to communicate directly with my garmin nuvi unit in the car? right now when i push the button to call someone on the nuvi it says speak now but it doesn't hear me. i'm looking for hands free dialing.
    thanks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links