DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: unlimited data usage on droid

  1. Droid
    rfriel's Avatar
    Member #
    58573
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    42
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    unlimited data usage on droid

    who has used more than 10GB of data for 6 months consecutively? any notices of data throttling or other action from "the carrier"? wonder about data throttling for 4G when available?? ATT is already limiting data on 3G, what are the odds "the carrier" will follow?
  2. Developer
    garrett's Avatar
    Member #
    180
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In a van by the River......
    Posts
    2,019
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    #2
    verizon has already announced the 4g(LTE) plans will be tiered

    i dont know if they are going to change the plans for 3g.... i doubt it to be honest.
  3. Droid
    rfriel's Avatar
    Member #
    58573
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    42
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3

    compared sprint 4G to verizon 3G,

    sprint 4G down ~2.5-3MB/s, up 1MB/s, verizon 3G down 1.5-2MB/s, up 1MB/s, not much different
  4. RS/Moderator
    Abe21599's Avatar
    Member #
    18400
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,334
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rfriel View Post
    sprint 4G down ~2.5-3MB/s, up 1MB/s, verizon 3G down 1.5-2MB/s, up 1MB/s, not much different
    and the fact that sprint only has 4g in like 15 cities across the country while everyones seen verizons 3g map..
  5. Droid Ninja
    huskur's Avatar
    Member #
    11527
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lower Delaware
    Posts
    1,885
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    verizon has already announced the 4g(LTE) plans will be tiered

    i dont know if they are going to change the plans for 3g.... i doubt it to be honest.
    Thats the kind of crap that will drive me from a smartphone and maybe even verizon. I don't like to worry about my usage. Am i close? Have i gone over? Will i make it to the end of the month? Uh Oh!! i have used my "allowance" and its only been two weeks!!! Burns my A$$
  6. Droid Ninja
    jsh1120's Avatar
    Member #
    13823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    2,462
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    verizon has already announced the 4g(LTE) plans will be tiered

    i dont know if they are going to change the plans for 3g.... i doubt it to be honest.
    Thats the kind of crap that will drive me from a smartphone and maybe even verizon. I don't like to worry about my usage. Am i close? Have i gone over? Will i make it to the end of the month? Uh Oh!! i have used my "allowance" and its only been two weeks!!! Burns my A$$
    You don't really have to "worry" about it. Just pay for what you use.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  7. Droid Ninja
    huskur's Avatar
    Member #
    11527
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lower Delaware
    Posts
    1,885
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    verizon has already announced the 4g(LTE) plans will be tiered

    i dont know if they are going to change the plans for 3g.... i doubt it to be honest.
    Thats the kind of crap that will drive me from a smartphone and maybe even verizon. I don't like to worry about my usage. Am i close? Have i gone over? Will i make it to the end of the month? Uh Oh!! i have used my "allowance" and its only been two weeks!!! Burns my A$$
    You don't really have to "worry" about it. Just pay for what you use.
    Thats the thing. You don't pay for what you use. You pay for what you "think" you will use. Anything above what you think you will use is just added $
  8. Droid
    djkms's Avatar
    Member #
    65071
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    68
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #8
    I stream last fm all the time, if they charged me for data usage I think I would be in trouble
  9. verian
    Guest
    verian's Avatar
    #9
    Right now none of us have to worry. Unlimited is unlimited. 4G as stated above will be a different story, and up to the individual user, if its worth the little speed increase to pay a little more for it. I'm on the fence right now I can only get mobile broad band where I live because I refuse to pay for crappy satellite. 4G might be just enough of an increase to hook me in.
  10. Master Droid
    techRob's Avatar
    Member #
    54965
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    253
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post

    Thats the kind of crap that will drive me from a smartphone and maybe even verizon. I don't like to worry about my usage. Am i close? Have i gone over? Will i make it to the end of the month? Uh Oh!! i have used my "allowance" and its only been two weeks!!! Burns my A$$
    You don't really have to "worry" about it. Just pay for what you use.
    Thats the thing. You don't pay for what you use. You pay for what you "think" you will use. Anything above what you think you will use is just added $
    Take a few consecutive months (the more the better), add all of the data usage up for those months, then divide by the amount of months - and possibly round up.

    My usage: Feb (~260MB), Mar (~220MB), Apr (~250MB), May (~255MB)
    260+220+250+255 = 985 ... 985 / 4 = 246.25 ... Rounding up: 300MB - just to be safe and keep from extra charges. Now, I haven't really used Pandora until after the May bill, so I can't really use those months for my pricing equation. I did the same thing with my minutes when I decided to get the Droid, I chopped my minutes in half because I rarely ever hit 450 (because almost everyone has VZW that i talk to).

    Anyway...I'm not a fan of teired pricing - especailly if the cost is similar to the $30/mo for unlimited for 300-500MB...I'd rather just pay the $30 for unlimited and not worry about my usage, and have fun
    "Never look where you are going, always look where you want to go."

    Galaxy Nexus

    ICSourcery - It's Delicious Ice Cream Magic
    My Gimpy OG Droid is now officially a glorified alarm clock / potential media player (running Sourcery)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. What was your data usage like last month on your Droid?
    By r314bd in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 03:47 PM
  2. Droid Inc Usage (unlimited?)
    By jpoutre in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 03:17 PM
  3. The End of Unlimited Data Plans?
    By KevinJ in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 05:46 PM
  4. About Tethering on the Droid, Data Usage
    By saobi in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 11:45 AM
  5. Misconceptions On Unlimited Data
    By New2u in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 03:43 PM

Search tags for this page

10gb verizon unlimited
,
does pandora cost money
,
does pandora cost money on droid
,

does verizon throttle unlimited data

,
how to conserve data on android
,

how to conserve data on droid

,
how to conserve data usage on android
,
verizon throteling unlimited data plans
,

verizon unlimited data throttling

,
verizon unlimited throttle
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+