DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who hates YOUR droid?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID - rooted

Who hates YOUR droid?

My girlfriends HATES my phone, she doesn't understand :/
    And she never will lol
    I love her to death but it's annoying, I mean I know I'm on it a lot lol but not when I'm actually with her! Just this one time I had to hold off like 20 minutes or a little more, because I was rooting my droid for first time and someone was helping me through Google Chat, so I couldn't leave my post yet! I think after that she hated it lmao

My mom doesn't like it either.... well she does but hates that I'm on it a lot..
    Stepdad doesn't like it either... Pisses me off. EVERY TIME a droid commercial comes on now it's AWKWARD in the house! You get that beginning "DROOOOOID!" sound and then every time you hear some kind of noise or mostly, little complaints from him. I don't even do anything, I just sit there like any of you really.
    Oh.. and one time, one of his comments was "It's just a fad, be over in 6 months or so"

Wtf? No? lol

idk, just been mad about people not understanding with their close minded selves, and hating it for no reason.

Ok I'm done (:

Anything on your end?
    Ultimate Droid
    Need help rooting or putting on a custom ROM? PM me!!!

Thanks for allowing me to be the second member ever for the Spotlight of the Week in the Rescue Squad section!!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    my girlfriend doesnt like that im on my droid all the time plus these forums then when i find something cool and think she might like it too (she has eris) she gets all frustrated and complains

and when i try to help her with her eris she gets mad at me (she mostly complains about how slow it is and how only half the things work)
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have the same problem... Girlfriend doesn't really care for it, mom hates it because I'm on it all the time, and dad has an iPhone, and he thinks the "DROOIIIDD" sound is totally gay lol.

But screw them all!!! I love my phone!!!
    Project Elite 5.0
    Droid 1
    I hack every electronic device I own
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    What bugs me the most are the closed minded iPhone users. Even if they have never even touched a Droid, they're the first to bash, trash talk, rip on Droids, and Droid users.

When I try and tell them about Droids, all I'm doing is to tell them about the perks the Droid has to offer. I rarely say anything negative about iPhones (because I was an iPhone owner for 3 years, and loved it, I just hated AT&T and the customer service from Apple).

I have been in a constant argument with a "friend" of mine who has drank the Apple punch, and is a die hard iPhone fanboy whose basis of argument for pretty much anything I have to say is based on sales statistics and who has sold more phones. Of course more iPhones will have been sold, they have been out for years longer than the Droid. Whenever I bring up a good point, he usually is reduced to making a personal attack against me, or something that has nothing to do with phones or which OS is better, or anything relevant for that matter.

I can't seem to make myself clear to him (or many others who are the same): I AM NOT BASHING THE IPHONE! I am just saying there is more out there that is worth trying before you immediately bash it and assume it's garbage.

I'm not sure why people like my friend frustrate me so much. I love my Droid, he loves his iPhone. We both have our own opinions about our own devices, and the competition's devices. I guess it's just their closed minds and cult-like following they have towards Steve Jobs...

That felt good haha. Now I won't be all worked up during my 11 hour shift at work today.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Steve Jobs
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    U need to learn how to hide your loves like that from the peopel you love, lol. Im in love with my laptop, and it pisses my girl when Im on it a lot, mainly because she is very busy (i am aswell), but she doesnt have time to ever use her comp. O well, u learn to live. Its the burden of being a techie.
    Watch Full Length TV Shows, Movies, and Videos on your Android Phone!:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/54276-guide-full-streaming-tv-shows-movies-online-your-android-phone.html

-Liquid Gingerbread 2.2
    -ChevyNo1's 1.0GHZ Low Voltage
    -ADW EX
    -Opera Mini Browser
    -Highest Quadrant: 1350
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    rkwilson07
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    I have the Droid and my wife has the Droid Eris, so there is no problem there. What she does hate is the fact that we are going to switch phones again once Google Voice goes fully VoIP but she is on board since we just have to pay for data, instead of the almost $150 a month bill we have now.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by diverbelow View Post
    I have the Droid and my wife has the Droid Eris, so there is no problem there. What she does hate is the fact that we are going to switch phones again once Google Voice goes fully VoIP but she is on board since we just have to pay for data, instead of the almost $150 a month bill we have now.
    your lucky my bill is 190 a month for a droid an eris
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG OG Droid with Pete's GPA17
    My friend with an Iphone hates it

jealousy
  11. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    i guess i'm lucky because my girlfriend has a rooted droid so she understands...

she is an IT director at a large finance company so she loves her gadgets.

most of my iphone friends are envious both of the network and the phone.
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Links