DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New to the Android thing

Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

Question New to the Android thing

Hello all, I just recently "yesterday" became a owner of a Motorola Devour. The first 4 hours were a bit touchy between me and the phone. But on day two and a bit over 24 hours later I am liking it.

The Questions

I do have a few questions and hope to get them answered as best as to your ability.

1. I own a mac computer "please no flaming" and have all 6,400+ songs on it. I am wondering is there a easy way to transfer some of the music from my itunes to the devour?

2. I was lucky enough to figure out the ringtones by downloading a app and buying a few. Is there and other way to get them? Also why do I have to go threw the program itself to set the ringtone?

3. The reason I bought the devour was my old phone as broke and needed a new one asap. I wanted the incredible but they are back ordered. Should I take this back and get the incredible when it comes out? My only concern is texting with a touch screen. "Sometimes a passenger in a car and text a lot"

4. Is there a easy way to sync my ical from my laptop to my devour?

I want to thank anyone for help in advanced.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID - rooted
    Quick response:

Incredible has been out, but it's about preference. I'd stay with the droid.

From the market download "Ringdroid"
    You'll thank me (I think)
    We'll see
    Ultimate Droid
    Need help rooting or putting on a custom ROM? PM me!!!

Thanks for allowing me to be the second member ever for the Spotlight of the Week in the Rescue Squad section!!

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    1: not sure if it works, but search for a program for your mac called "doubletwist". don't have one so i don't know, but i remember hearing that name.

2: not sure what file types the devour supports, but you should be able to set any music file as a ringtone with your version of android

3: i think you will be more impressed with the incredible... but do you NEED it? up to you

4: doubletwist might do this too...

welcome to the forums!
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    The Ringdroid and doubletwist seem to be working good. Right now I am letting my phone charge fully than I will connect it and start playing around with it. So far great help!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i would give that Devour back in a heartbeat..stick with the Inc. or the Droid if you want a real android experience. The Devour is a low end android device, you will be MUCH MUCH happier with either the DROID or the Inc.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Well considering i hate the keyboard of the droid and the incredible I am not sure how efficient I will be able to text in a car "not driving" I am not sure if I want it.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by bigaudiofanatic View Post
    Well considering i hate the keyboard of the droid and the incredible I am not sure how efficient I will be able to text in a car "not driving" I am not sure if I want it.
    I opted for the Droid because of the hardware keyboard, but I never use it, I can't stand it... However, I got a keyboard app called Swype, and I don't think I'll ever go back to a hardware keyboard after that.. It's soooo much faster and more accurate then any hardware keyboard. There are a lot of good keyboard apps out there, I bet you'll find one that you use more then the hardware keyboard if you try them out.
    I was thinking about having my sister get the Incredible and trading her my Droid, but after installing the 2.2 update with an overclocked kernel, I think I'll keep it until they make another device that is as easily customizable and tough as this one (I love the glass screen and metal case).
    Welcome to your new obsession!
    HTC Rezound... Stock for now, with the Tag Home launcher...
    This link here will answer 90% of your issues: Click Me!

Quote Originally Posted by jntowers
    12 mp camera? are we going to be putting these pictures on billboards?
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    So are you all saying mine is just a watered down version of the droid and all. What is the benifit to the incrdible rather than this other than the bigger camera and screen? A lot of you are oc you phones I am not planing nor do I want to do that.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Unless the size/weight of the Motorola Droid was a dealbreaker for you, I'm not sure why (if you want a hardware keyboard) you opted for the Devour rather than the Droid.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Its older and heard of things going loopy on it plus as I said I don't like keyboard.

Links