DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard wiggle?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Keyboard wiggle?

I saw on another forum that someone said the phone they played with had some wiggle in the slide out keyboard. I was unclear on whether or not this was a dummy phone or an actual phone. For those of you who have held the phone or possibly bought yours today (bastards), have you noticed any play in the slider?
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    likely a dummy phone, though the dummy phone i played with had no wobble. neither did either of the real ones.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

wiggle

I have had the motorola droid for a few weeks now (I got it the Monday after it came out) and I have been noticing more and more twisting/wiggling in the keyboard, is this normal and supposed to be happening, I feel like it is getting looser and I am getting quite worried as I signed up for a 2 year contract with it
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Mine is nice and tight after about a month of use. I use the keyboard ALL the time and were talking 1-200 text messages a day.
    Follow me twitter.com/jigsawkilr

"When you are in hell....only the devil can help you out"

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Hmm I am debating on going to verizon to ask them, however I do not want them to give me a refurbrished phone like they have done in the past, I always seem to have more and more problems whenever they give me a replacement phone. Anyway I'm almost positive they will tell me that this wiggling is normal, wether or not it is. I hope this phone doesn't end up breaking in half or something, when I had the chocolate I had a wiggle like this and eventually the screen and keyboard became seperated. I'm worried!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I'm extremely worried too. I noticed the wiggling about two days or so. If it keeps getting worse I am demanding a new phone. I don't want to risk it falling apart halfway through my contract.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    No wiggle here. If it's getting loose I'd see about a replacement. I use mine pretty heavily and it's still nice and solid.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kmacx View Post
    Hmm I am debating on going to verizon to ask them, however I do not want them to give me a refurbrished phone like they have done in the past, I always seem to have more and more problems whenever they give me a replacement phone. Anyway I'm almost positive they will tell me that this wiggling is normal, wether or not it is. I hope this phone doesn't end up breaking in half or something, when I had the chocolate I had a wiggle like this and eventually the screen and keyboard became seperated. I'm worried!
    I would not worry too much about getting a refurb especially in store. This phone is pretty new and the most likely is that you will get a new one.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    I'd venture to say, just like a normal computer keyboard, things loosen-up a bit after use. I would be extremely surprised if the keys all-of-a-sudden just came out. You have to think Motorola punched the keys on the keyboard 10x more than any normal human being ever would during product testing.

After two solid years of using my i-760 I can definitely say I had some play in the keys on the keyboard--but never had a concern they would fall out. With that said, my DROID keyboard has started to loosen-up some but nothing out of the ordinary for me.

- Mega
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    This phone uses a very simple slide mechanism from what I've read. I have no wobble (not even the slightest) so I am very surprised to hear this from some owners. There are several little screws on the back of the phone (slider open). I wonder if the wiggle some are experiencing are just loose screws?

Those with the wiggle should probably double check the screws to be sure they're tight.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links