DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid Numbers?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    droid

Droid Numbers?

I called 3 stores in my area (D.C) and none of them would tell me how many units they have. One even said they don't have them yet and don't know when they will get them. He was lying but the rest said they weren't allowed to tell you how many they have.

Living in a metro area what time do you think people will show up at the store. hour earlier, two?? I just don't think this is as well known as the iphone amongst the average, non-tech loving, joe.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot25 View Post
    I called 3 stores in my area (D.C) and none of them would tell me how many units they have. One even said they don't have them yet and don't know when they will get them. He was lying but the rest said they weren't allowed to tell you how many they have.

Living in a metro area what time do you think people will show up at the store. hour earlier, two?? I just don't think this is as well known as the iphone amongst the average, non-tech loving, joe.
    Auth Retails stores don't have them yet and don't know when they will get them.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm thinking there will be a small line at larger Verizon stores that will not last very long into the morning.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    There's 100 here in Daytona. I spoke with the store manager earlier this evening.
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    we have 6-7 stores here where i live, so i think the shorter lines will go to the VZW stores.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Compromise Deactivated. ;)
    5AM sharp. =D i've never went to the store to pick up something on its release date, or if there's an event going on such as black friday. i'm never out in front of the store waiting before it opens. this droid has got me hooked
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm in Canton, Ohio and there's a main verizon store. I was told by someone on the inside they are getting 150 units. There is a mall kiosk at the largest mall here and the kiosk is getting 30 units. The main VZW store in town is getting just 17 media stations. I've preordered through BB and can't pick up til 10 Friday morning. That means my 8 AM stop will be VZW to buy the media station with my 25 percent off.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BryAnDROID View Post
    5AM sharp. =D i've never went to the store to pick up something on its release date, or if there's an event going on such as black friday. i'm never out in front of the store waiting before it opens. this droid has got me hooked
    Should have just called and made an appointment. I highly doubt there are going to be lines that justify a 5 am line...

Links