DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Went Back to Stock

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Went Back to Stock

Went back to stock and loving it.

No more worries on if something happens and hoping I can get it back to stock to take it back to the store
    No more worrying about what rom to load as far as looks, performance, what does and doesn't work.
    Believe it or not a heck of a lot better battery life. at 60% at the end of the work day compared to 30%. Yes I've used several different roms/kernels.
    All around a lot more relaxing. For me any ways. lol
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    VTCapsFan
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I've considered it..the reasons I dont go back to stock are:
    -WIFI Tether(biggest one)
    -Theming(i hate the stock white bar and lock/unlock screen)
    -access to features stock users dont have(Spare parts etc.)
    Got OG on launch day, Got Nexus on launch day. Only Vanilla Android for me!
    Please follow me on twitter VTCapsFan !!!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Yeah, I don't care for the stock theme, I just really like the smoked glass look. I've only used a half dozen ROMs and kernels, I prefer to find something other than stock that I like and stay with it for a couple months. Much as I love the customizations we can do with root, I'd drive myself crazy trying all the ROMs out there, and then trying to figure out what's causing a force close, or why my battery is draining so fast. I do very much like Root Explorer.

Currently still running Cyanogen 5.0.6.2 but will switch this weekend to 5.0.7.1 and the latest smoked glass them for it, along with Launcher Pro.

I really don't think there is anything wrong with stock other than some colors and the lack of overclocking, and future versions of Android will make loading custom ROM's much more difficult if not impossible, but at least let me theme it one way or another. Oh, and wireless tether for those once in a while needs. And Root Explorer. And SetCPU, And... well at least let me root the damn thing.
    OG Droid retired but serving as a wireless tablet now and then.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    I've thought about going back to stock, but I just hate the way stock looks.
    FroYo
    Follow me on
    Twitter
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID - rooted
    I don't see a point. Especially with Bugless Beast V1.1, supposably it has a real good battery life. And going to stock would be to plain, I want to do all these things to it and get more than my moneys worth at the end of the month.

Plus worrying about ruining your phone while doing all these is not really an excuse, c'mon. It's easy.

No more worrying about what rom to load as far as looks, performance, what does and doesn't work
    -That seems like a bad thing for you. It's like me saying "No more worrying about my good looks and athletic ability, because now I'm fat and ugly"

..lol
    Ultimate Droid
    Need help rooting or putting on a custom ROM? PM me!!!

Thanks for allowing me to be the second member ever for the Spotlight of the Week in the Rescue Squad section!!

6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I don't really see the point in rooting. I've rooted, and basically it didn't give me the fuzzy warms. It didn't feel right, Droid ran hotter (not dangerously) and my battery was cut down considerably and yes, I used Set CPU and the other app that is suppose to help Droid manage apps. It didn't help at all.

Now I admit I only used Droidmod and there are probably better ROMS out there but I feel my Droid runs just fine on stock 2.1. Doesn't violate my warranty, I haven't had one reset since I installed it. For me, notice I said for me, it does the job just fine.

So that's why I went back to stock and will stay there.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 855
    I really want to stay stock but WiFi tether is big to me. I'm happy with the stock droid with the latest OS but I BT tethered on my old curve very frequently and would really like to move up to the wifi tether capabilities that AFAIK is only achievable by rooting.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID - rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by tabraha View Post
    I really want to stay stock but WiFi tether is big to me. I'm happy with the stock droid with the latest OS but I BT tethered on my old curve very frequently and would really like to move up to the wifi tether capabilities that AFAIK is only achievable by rooting.
    Just root it without putting ROMs or anything then. Not changing anything by just doing that really.
    Ultimate Droid
    Need help rooting or putting on a custom ROM? PM me!!!

Thanks for allowing me to be the second member ever for the Spotlight of the Week in the Rescue Squad section!!

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Maxx HD
    Rooted or not, at least we have choices!!!! "Different strokes for different folks"
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by FXRS View Post
    Went back to stock and loving it.

No more worries on if something happens and hoping I can get it back to stock to take it back to the store
    No more worrying about what rom to load as far as looks, performance, what does and doesn't work.
    Believe it or not a heck of a lot better battery life. at 60% at the end of the work day compared to 30%. Yes I've used several different roms/kernels.
    All around a lot more relaxing. For me any ways. lol
    The whole point is to be happy with your phone so I'm sure you made the right decision. Rooting is not for everyone and it does come with a risk and time factor even if people don't admit it. Stock or rooted, the droid is an amazing device.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links