DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Calender and Contacts System to use with Droid

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Calender and Contacts System to use with Droid

I'm thinking of getting a Motorola Droid, and I am wondering what kind of calender / contacts system and I use with the droid and also access from my home PC.

With it running android I am assuming that you can access Google calender, IE like can you make a change to your google calender on your PC, and it will be shown in the android?

What I'm looking for is the build in calender in the droid to be able to sync with like google calender or some system, not just use the web browser to go to google calender on the droid.

I'm also wondering about a contacts system on the droid. What would the best way to create a contact list, and have it on the droid( like your typical name and phone number), and also be able to use it in the calender in the druid, like scheduling an appointment with a client or something.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I use Google Calendar and Google Contacts exclusively. I love how quickly it syncs with one another and the bonus...if I lost my Droid (*GASP*), at least my calendar/contacts wouldn't be lost.

And yes...if you make changes on your Google calendar on the PC it will automatically sync with the Droid and vice versa.
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Ok cool that is what I was thinking. A few questions, so if I create some contacts in my gmail account, and just give them Names, phone numbers, and email address, and then sign into that account on my droid, Will I be able to call them easily using the droid's main calling interface?

Also is there a way to sync your contacts will outlook 2007 like how you can with your calender? I only see a calender sync from google, is there a contacts sync application as well for the PC?
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

using contact info in calender???

did anyone ever your answer question...

"I'm also wondering about a contacts system on the droid. What would the best way to create a contact list, and have it on the droid( like your typical name and phone number), and also be able to use it in the calender in the druid, like scheduling an appointment with a client or something."

All The information is there in the phone. Is there an App that allows you to go to a contact and schedule an appointment for them in the calender? or go to calender open a new event and beable to add contact info to that event.

Links