DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery Life Is Horrible!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Battery Life Is Horrible!

I love my new Droid, but the battery life is awful! I have been using it alot lately just trying to figure things out, but I'm charging this thing twice a day! Is there a better battery I can buy for it, or something?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    this....Ive also just gotten my droid and been using it non-stop...I fully charged it at 10 this morning and around 2-3 it was already back at 20% life....I hope there is a better battery that doesnt require buying a new back for the phone....
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Are you rooted? If so maybe lower your overclocking speed.
    Yes there is a 2800mah battery which is twice your capacity but it cost 69.95 which is a little much for me. I have been having bad battery lately to so i unrooted from bugless beast but now its even worse lol. Might have to spend that 69.95.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    site:droidforums.net Droid battery life Droid Forums - Google Search

You can start reading towards the bottom of page. Yes, there are that many threads.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.

Re: Battery Life Is Horrible!

Have any of you followed the threads that give you tips on how to extend the battery life?

There are a ton of things you can do to slow down battery consumption, but remember these are tiny batteries for powerful pieces of equipment, so we'll always have bad life on the battery unless a new technology can be implemented.

Get the extended battery or even another standard battery and carry it around, alot of people do that.

You can disable wifi if you aren't using it, set the screen to time out quickly, disable auto brightness, set apps to the greatest time between polling, etc.

Just look up some of the threads
    I had a nice signature, but the mean ate it.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    Have any of you followed the threads that give you tips on how to extend the battery life?

There are a ton of things you can do to slow down battery consumption, but remember these are tiny batteries for powerful pieces of equipment, so we'll always have bad life on the battery unless a new technology can be implemented.

Get the extended battery or even another standard battery and carry it around, alot of people do that.

You can disable wifi if you aren't using it, set the screen to time out quickly, disable auto brightness, set apps to the greatest time between polling, etc.

Just look up some of the threads
    yea Ive done all that stuff but who knows maybe after I get over the wow factor and settle down on my usage then ill be alright...I did talk for a hour on the phone as well as using all these features but its nothing like how my LG Dare was as I could go 1-3 days on a single charge...but I also was only using that phone to text and call people....
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.

Re: Battery Life Is Horrible!

yea Ive done all that stuff but who knows maybe after I get over the wow factor and settle down on my usage then ill be alright...I did talk for a hour on the phone as well as using all these features but its nothing like how my LG Dare was as I could go 1-3 days on a single charge...but I also was only using that phone to text and call people....
    Ah but you are confused, you will never 'settle' down lol. This phone just won't let you. I've had mine since launch and I use it just as much as I did then. Finding alternatives to keep you powered is going to be a major concern, and I suggest just dropping a few bucks for another standard battery. At least we have the option for another battery unlike the iphone, which is a huge drawback.
    I had a nice signature, but the mean ate it.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I took this pic this morning

I have been able to get great battery life by :

-Make sure you have the latest setcpu, previous versions had a battery drain bug
    -Underclocking to 250/250 on standby/idle
    -I am using the stock rom rooted, may not be a factor but I seem to be getting better battery life

edit: I have had my droid since november, heavy battery use since then and still working like a charm.
  10. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twista89 View Post
    I did talk for a hour on the phone as well as using all these features but its nothing like how my LG Dare was as I could go 1-3 days on a single charge...but I also was only using that phone to text and call people....
    I have the 2600mV extended battery and the best I've gotten is 43 hours, but some have gotten 54 hours. By contrast, the extended battery on my old Voyager lasted almost a week.

With the OEM battery it ran from about 7am to 11pm to reach 20%. I guess it depends on what apps are running and where you live (ie signal strength).
    Last edited by aaf709; 05-23-2010 at 04:52 PM.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Helpful battery tip

whenever you re using gps/navigation on the car
    Plug your phone into a car charger- charge as you navigate-

Making this a habit is a great battery saver.
    Last edited by CBLJazz; 05-23-2010 at 05:02 PM.
    Rooted with BUGLESS BEAST
    overclocked to 1ghz
    chevy #1 theme
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links