DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exchange Moving Emails to Folders

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung S4

Exchange Moving Emails to Folders

I just got my Droid today and I am loving it! I was waiting and I suggest to anybody sitting on the fence to pull the trigger. It is a night and day difference from anything I have used in the past.

I was able to very easily set my my exchange email and it is sending and receiving emails just fine. I cannot figure out how to move them to folders after I receive them. I can see the folders but I cannot move the emails. Any ideas???

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    That functionality is supposed to be fixed in January. In the mean time you can just move the emails on your desktop and refresh the folders on the droid. Not the best solution, but they know its an issue and have already announced the fix. I am ok with that.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I just got my Droid this week, and I'm still not able to move from one folder to the other. I am on version OS2.1.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Keep in mind that in the exchange mode your emails reside on the server. So if the server has them in one folder and you attempt to move them on your Droid the exchange server will sync and put them where it thinks they are. Try moving them on your PC...let the Droid refresh...then see if they match with is on your PC.

I move emails to various folders on my Droid and when the exchange syncs it updates and then updates my PC. So I do not know what causes yours to not function like mine. But if you think about how cloud computing works...maybe you will find your problem. Don't try to make it work like your old phone worked. Remember that your emails, contacts and calendar are now stored on the server. Any change you make has to change the data on the server so that both your Droid and your PC will get those changes from the server.

Same thing happens with G-Mail. G-Mail has the server with the email, calendar and contacts data. Are you syncing all your exchange content to GMail? If so...shut that off. Let Gmail and Exchange be seperate sync systems. I keep business on the exchange and personal on the gmail. Both work flawlessly. But I do not share info between the two systems.

Nate
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Nate,

How do you get the option to move to the folder? When I click the options for my exchange email there isn't an option to move to folder. Even when I check it, there isn't an options. Also, how do you turn off the Exchange content to Gmail? I don't know if mine is, but my contacts from Exchange are not in my Gmail account.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    The app touchdown allows you to move mail to various folders.
    --Robert

"Peace through superior firepower" requires actual firepower, not just a trite bumper sticker.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Did anyone figure this out? Not intrested in a Touchdown app to do something that should be normal procedure.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    The stock program won't do it. That is the beauty of the Droid: If you wan't something there is probably an app for it. Touchdown does a lot of other useful things. Worth the money in my opinion.
    --Robert

"Peace through superior firepower" requires actual firepower, not just a trite bumper sticker.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by bwquestion View Post
    Did anyone figure this out? Not intrested in a Touchdown app to do something that should be normal procedure.
    I understand your concern, but you really should check Touchdown out. It is superior to anything out there for exchange email
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have seen it. A guy I work with got it for his droid. Just cant see paying the money to be able to move mail around in folders. This is something that should just work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links