DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Need Help!! G-mail account is disabled

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris to D1 to DX to Tbolt.

Need Help!! G-mail account is disabled

I have had my Moto Droid for 3 months and just a few days ago, my g-mail account stopped syncing with my phone. I had to re-enter the password, which I did and now today the problem occured again. Only this time when I enter the password it says my account has been disabled. I know I have not done any fradulant activitiy with my account. I like to think that I am a stand up guy.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Where you able to get the account re-activated? I have some important information stored in that e-mail account. I have had a hotmail account for over 10 years and this has never happened. All Google's webpage advises me to do is fill out a small form if I think this was done in era. I can not even change my password. I can not access the market place on my Droid(not htat that is important), but my phone is rendered useless.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    What do you need help with? I don't understand. Why don't you fill out the "small form"?
    Last edited by aminaked; 05-15-2010 at 08:03 PM.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris to D1 to DX to Tbolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by aminaked View Post
    What do you need help with? I don't understand. Why don't you fill out the "small form"?
    I did fill out the small form and provided an alternate email address. I have not heard anything back yet from Google. As it stands right now I can't access the market or update my calendar or receive emails. I even had my hotmail account synced with Google. I guess no one can help me except Google but I am wondering if this has happened to any other forum members and have they regained access to their email or is it a wash.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Some gmail accounts have been hacked recently, not limited to gmail though, others too. You may find spam sent to your contacts. Seems to be a one time event as far as the spam goes. Get your password changed, make it a secure password, and make it gmail specific, don't use that password on any other website.
    OG Droid retired but serving as a wireless tablet now and then.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    It's the weekend. Hopefully google will get back to you on Monday. That sucks but I bet things'll get straightened out. I agree with what Droids said above. You might also want to make sure any computers you use don't have viruses or spyware. Easier said than done. Stay away from Internet Explorer and public computers.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post
    I have had my Moto Droid for 3 months and just a few days ago, my g-mail account stopped syncing with my phone. I had to re-enter the password, which I did and now today the problem occured again. Only this time when I enter the password it says my account has been disabled. I know I have not done any fradulant activitiy with my account. I like to think that I am a stand up guy.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Where you able to get the account re-activated? I have some important information stored in that e-mail account. I have had a hotmail account for over 10 years and this has never happened. All Google's webpage advises me to do is fill out a small form if I think this was done in era. I can not even change my password. I can not access the market place on my Droid(not htat that is important), but my phone is rendered useless.
    I had this happen a few weeks ago, mine got hacked and luckily I had my mobile number set as a password reset in my google account. See if you can login that way to get it reset and make your new password very secure and only for gmail.

Links